Mobile Pascal TDP Tweaker Update and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Coolane, Jun 20, 2017.

1. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    It will , again, only to a certain extent and for certain loads.

2. Coolane

Coolane Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's a little bit weird that my card scores higher(in Heaven) when feed with higher voltage for the same clock, after the core temp has settled down and made no changed. For example, it scored almost 100 points higher in Heaven with 2025MHz@1.05V than 2025MHz@1.025V (sharp rising curve).

hmscott likes this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I think we'd all be better off without the stupid GPU Boost gimmick like we always have been in the past. It would be better to be able to just set temp target, power target, voltage and clock speeds at their maximum stable values and have them stay there forever, or until the GPU overheats, whichever comes first. Dynamic "optimized" crap has always been retarded. I want it to follow orders and stop trying to figure out what the best approach is. That's my job and I'd much rather have the same kind of control over the GPU like I do the CPU. Pretty much everything NVIDIA does with firmware is just bull-feces and it has been that way for years. It's just more spastic now.

4. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    I can't really say at that point. We do things differently so What works for you I say go for it!

5. Knight666

Knight666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Pure old school :) And it worked best... no performance drops, no issues with stability, full knowledge about current voltage curve... and now it's a damn temp-lottery. Personally I hate this boost since 980M - it was problematic there, but with Pascal... it's just annoying af... "Funny" games finding sweetspot for OC (that minimalizes max stable OC by much) etc...

Ashtrix, Papusan, D2 Ultima and 2 others like this.
  6. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Somewhere around there; I think it might be closer to 45-48c for me. Was able to see 1911MHz boost for a bit last night I think around 43c, will check my screenshot

Sent from my OnePlus 1 using a coconut

7. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    42C is the reset back to it's original clock before it dropped.

8. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Thank you for this tool!

Stupid question: is it possible to flash the vbios made with this tool or flashing method is still a thing of the future?

Coolane likes this.
  9. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    No. you can not flash with this tool. You still need a spi programmer.

Coolane and Mr. Fox like this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    That is not a stupid question, but the answer takes stupidity to an unprecedented level.

Thanks to the Nazis at NGREEDIA, flash protection implemented on their latest filth pretty much ruins the experience of owning a Pascal GPU for 99% of the enthusiasts out there who would normally expect to have more than a belly-button experience.

This is an example the retarded mierda perro you will see now if you try to flash a vBIOS that is unsigned or had its signature broken by modding.
    Mod_Fail_NVFLASH.jpg

There is only one way to effectively deal with this immeasurable wickedness from the Green Goblin, and it's not for everyone... unfortunately. If you want a better vBIOS, this is the only way you'll get one on the GPU. You'll need the special tools, have to disassemble things for every flash, and a second computer to do what used to be done in just a few second with free software. Now, isn't that special?
    20170621_161751.jpg

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017