Mobile Pascal TDP Tweaker Update and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Coolane, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Rinkutux

Rinkutux Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I still can't find a proper way to get a psu capable of delivering more than 230w (the laptop power throttle since the shunt mod during gaming sessions). I found some 330w but the connectors are either 4pins Clevo or 7.4*5.0mm Dell ones. I need a 5.5*2.5mm adapter but the only thing I found is this : http://www.bixnet.com/cntx75.html but it's stated that it won't deliver more than 120w using this adapter. Does someone faced this problem before ? I need some help to get through this.

2. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm using one myself. Get adapters that are a solid jack, not ones with cables.

What laptop are you using btw? Although I'm using a dell 330w brick I can't go above 230w total laptop power draw still because Msi limits the power draw to 230w in the EC regardless of what power brick you use.

3. Rinkutux

Reputations:
    I'm using the Clevo PB71DF2-G. I'll try to get a jack adapter. With the shunt mod my GPU is at ~140w and my CPU is around 60-70w during games if I don't limit it. And when I play games that are GPU and CPU intensive, the CPU just throttles down to ~10w for like 5 seconds so the GPU isn't capable of running well with a 10w CPU. The throttle doesn't happen when I limit my CPU to 40w, but I'd like to avoid doing that since I have a powerful CPU.

I have no idea if Clevo systems have a power draw limits in the EC. I hope not.

4. Rinkutux

Reputations:
    Alright I finally got a 330w PSU but it's just barely better than my 230w. I can get a few more mhz on the GPU before the throttle happens again. Probably limited to 240w or something in the EC. Is there anyway to remove that limit ?