Mobile Pascal TDP Tweaker Update and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Coolane, Jun 20, 2017.

1. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    Right Pin1 is highlighted:

14.png

Make sure the red cable is going from pin 1 on the adaptor and pin 1 on the vbios. Then run Detect it should work, its one of the reasons i was talking about getting the poma clip for the connection as would of been a better connection.

Once the correct chip has been detected load the rom file and then manually do erase -> flash -> verify (that is if you have already erased the vbios from the chip) else run a dump 3 times and checksum check each of the 3 to make sure they are the same so that is 3x read's and 3x save.

You mentioned in a PM that you have a GPU-Z vbios dump you can use that the reflash the vbios chip as it starts with 55AA and that should get your GPU going again.

Maxim Redko likes this.
  2. cuneyt1984

cuneyt1984 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The whole problem was with the soic8 cable. I fixed the tip of the clip with a utility knife. Modified vbios was flash. But there was no increase in performance. I made a target and limit of 151 watts.

How many watts do you think I should have set.

I did not change the Advanced power limit. Do you think that's why there was no increase in performance.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  3. Aorus X5-V7

Aorus X5-V7 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Glad to hear that you saved your GPU. The reason the performance doesn't improve even though you raise the TDP is probably because you didn't raise the core clock.

4. cuneyt1984

cuneyt1984 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hello guys, I've flashed many times with various power limits. However, it did not increase performance and gpu usage. While the temperature was maximum 79 degrees, it became 88 with the increase in power. However, performance drops have occurred. The performance increase with this program is a complete lie. Fortunately, I tried the limits without taking my graphics card apart, but it didn't help. Don't ever try. Unnecessary.

1.jpg 2.jpg

The adapter is fully used when you use it normally. In other words, nothing can be done that can increase performance.

Don't be fooled by increasing the power limit. If the power limit increases, the gpu usage decreases. Because the total adapter power used is the same.

5. hans12321

hans12321 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Obviously many other members have increased their performance stats. Have you increased the limits in afterburner after flashing the modded vbios?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

6. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Did you press the "Preset" button in the tweaker? Or did you simply enter a higher power limit?

Because going from 115W stock to 151W (151W target 170W max (151000-170000), at least this was how it was in the much older version of the tweaker) was good for about a 10% performance boost (tested with Valley/Heaven benchmark).

I don't know what the current version sets.
    If you didn't use the preset button at all, you are going to get strange throttling as the preset "extreme power limits" settings are based on 95W-125W IIRC. Whatever you do do not key in those values manually however, but you can use the preset button values.

Papusan likes this.
  7. cuneyt1984

cuneyt1984 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks for your answers, Yes I used the old version's tweaks. It was set at 151-170 watts. Advanged power limit settings were adjusted as in gtx 1080. Temperature limits were set at 91 degrees. The problem is that for the first 10 minutes there is a 10% increase but then the cpu suddenly drops from 3.2 gh to 2.5 gh.
    The resulting increase in performance is thus lost. In addition, there is an increase of 9 degrees.
    Instead, a 10% increase can be achieved with normal overclocking. This way the notebook will not get hot.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  8. hans12321

Reputations:
    But then performance definitely improve but there is not enough heatroom for the additional watts on your machine.

9. cuneyt1984

cuneyt1984 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The most consistent setting is the 125 power limit for the gtx 1070. Yes, there is a 10% performance increase. however, the temperature rises from 79 degrees to 86 degrees. When overclocking in Dragon Center, the CPU speed drops to 2.5 gh instead of 3.2 gh. So the program has no meaning.

10. hans12321

Reputations:
    Thats your opinion. For many others with bulky cooling solutions and maybe liquid metal there is definitely a consistent performance improvement.

seanwee likes this.