Mobile Pascal TDP Tweaker Update and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Coolane, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Virusapex

Virusapex Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hey, everyone! So, it went well for me and I successfully uploaded a modded vBIOS to my 1070. Just used a simple EZP2019+ chinese programmer with 1.8v adapter and a clip. It was kinda flimsy, 'cause it didn't read correctly on the first couple of tries, since the clip had connectors too far away from the tip. But after some time, I found a good position for it and it went well. Going to test the good TDP to clock to temperature ratio and hope for the best!

hans12321 likes this.
  2. Virusapex

Virusapex Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ok, so far, I couldn't see a stable performance under heavy load if I have my wattage around 150 and more. Don't know yet, what is happening, but the laptop just keeps shutting down completely after some tries. I don't have a hungry CPU either, so power delivery shouldn't be a problem.

3. hans12321

hans12321 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Whats the wattage your psu can deliver?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

4. Virusapex

Virusapex Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It's the default one, 330W. I have a i5-8600k, that usually eats around 100W.

5. Virusapex

Virusapex Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ok, I think the issue is solved. It was due to the nature of random voltage spikes. Found it, cause sometimes, just when application was starting, it crashed the whole system. When I put a more flat curve into MSI afterburner, it didn't crash for hour or so. Will collect more data for now. I found that different vBIOS (the one that has higher clocks from factory) behaves much calmer in terms of switching voltages between different clocks.

6. aceoyame

aceoyame Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I bought an MSI 1060 which I didn't know had gsync. My lcd is not gsync, it's a 120 hz edp1080p panel. Anyways, card is working great but I am getting a black screen. External outputs work and windows/ Nvidia control panel all see the LCD and it's various modes perfectly. The card is not throwing a code 43 error and when I drop my old 980m back in the LCD works so it isn't broken.

I dumped the bios and got 55 aa for my bios header so that shouldn't be the issue. I also updated the gop to the latest version per my coffee lake bios notes and that didn't help either.

I am about out of ideas at this moment. Card seems to be working great other than this dumb LCD issue

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  7. aceoyame

Reputations:
    Managed to find a different version of nvflash and got the non gsync bios to flash. That outputs to the LCD but throws a code 43 error and the gsync version doesn't flash with it

8. hans12321

Reputations:
    What notebook are you using? And what "vendor" card have you bought?

9. aceoyame

Reputations:
    Got past the code 43. Found a post that said drivers newer than 375.50 throw the code 43 error which turned to be true from what I can tell. Any way to get drivers newer than that without having to allow unsigned drivers with an inf mod?

10. hans12321

Reputations:
    Are older drivers work properly?