Mobile Pascal TDP Tweaker Update and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Coolane, Jun 20, 2017.

1. kolias

kolias Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think I saw somewhere here around 26400 gpu -firestrike but I’m wondering how much volt this card eats....
    Mine with 258w power moded got 25000 graphics score, and I’m happy with that

2. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I am still confused about how I do this. Do I extract my current bios with the programmer from my GTX1080 bios chip? then I modify the bios with Pascal TDP Tweaker? Then I reload the modified bios to the programmer? then I load it from the programmer to my MXM GTX1080 GPU bios chip?

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Here you go. Link showing the top two scores by @Johnksss and @Prema.

Use the 'old' search function on the Futuremark web site. The 'new' search really sucks. (The fact that so many things that are new suck is a really lousy trend. The opposite should be true, but it is not. Sad.)

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/19655419/fs/17595622

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    Papusan, Johnksss, Prema and 2 others like this.
  4. Virusapex

Virusapex Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Actually, I'm going to dig into this stuff as well, since my current Power Limit is low as well.
    As far as I got it, you can extract the rom from your card directly through nvflash or gpu-z applications. You can also download other firmwares from techradar, if you want some predefined clocks and thermals for your card (if you find it) and flash them without the need for a programmer. If you want a custom bios, you modify it with mobile pascal tdp tweaker and save it. Then, it's up to programmer to move it to the chip through the clip (or by desoldering it). I'm going to try it on another board just to be safe with pin allocation and such. Afterwards, will try the main board.
    I only got a question to people about the preset option in the app, since it sets the PL to 215W, which is kinda high in my opinion, is it not?

5. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    215W is equal to the desktop 1080 FE set to 120% TDP limit, and that card has fewer power phases than the Clevo MXM card, so it’s fine.

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. Virusapex

Virusapex Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Oh, ok, thought, that they usually handle around 150 or so, since it's a laptop card. But it seems it was designed for more than that.

7. kolias

kolias Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    its easy mate.
    1)extract your vbios from gpuz and save it to desktop.
    2)download the coolane app , open your file-vbios in the app(it will show you right way all the values from your 1080)
    3)press only the preset button and save it.(NOTHING ESLE)
    4)download the programmer app
    5)connect you're programmer to your 1080 vbios chip with the clip.
    6)read 3 times the bios and make sure that you see the same checksum numbers(4 digits)
    7)load the modified vbios into the programer
    8)and last press the auto button in the programmer app.
    edit:dont forget to make a copy your're original vbios just in case....

8. Virusapex

Virusapex Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I think it's also a good principle to take the board out from the laptop, so it doesn't get affected by external power or you might fry the chip with the programmer.

9. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    150W is the lower power version, e.g. MS-16L13. Generally the 1080N is 180W-220W depending on unit.

10. Virusapex

Virusapex Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Oh, sorry, forgot to mention, that it is for 1070. On the website, the presets are like this:
    • GTX 1050 (Ti): 35 - 75W (target - limit);
    • GTX 1060 (2060): 160 - 190W (target - limit);
    • GTX 1070 (2070): 185 - 215W (target - limit);
    • GTX 1080 (2080): 225 - 280W (target - limit);
    So, as I was saying, I was rather surprised when I saw power target being at 185W, while PL is 215W. Probably will dial it down a bit, and start from 150W at first.