Mobile Pascal TDP Tweaker Update and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Coolane, Jun 20, 2017.

1. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    @Krzyslaw Nice work there, even very very nice scores too. The fact that you have 926 points on GPU score alone for FireStrike and 156 points more on TimeSpy over my score is really making me itch badly on getting my Programmer out!

However on GPU Score's alone on a Mobile BGA GTX 1060 you have beat me out right, there for i concede / relinquish even trying to beat you.

Just one question @140w draw was your VRM's screaming at you?

Also a cheeky request could you share your Curve i am interested in how you set your's up.

2. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No problem, but I am currently not at Home, and I have only my second msi lap ( ps63 8rc) with me, so please wait .

As for vrm they were screaming for more ;)
    But seriously they working fine without a problem.

upload_2019-12-22_23-4-53.png

Changed mem from +830 to +850

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  3. mikolaj612

mikolaj612 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi folks.

Few questions, how about adding support for GTX1660Ti? Or maybe app itself will work with those card anyway?
    Does there exist any other vBIOS for 1660Ti that will increase TDP limit from stock 80W to higher value? Like 90W or more?
    I saw some posts in this thread about SPI flashing that potentially not working with RTX cards is that still correct?
    I've got 1660Ti laptop and if there is an option to potentially gain some performance than I'm ready for it.
    If not I will think about getting an replacement with RTX2060 instead - because there is something that potentially could be gained here with some effort.

seanwee likes this.
  4. Gounette

Gounette Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys ,
    I have a 1070 in my M17X R4 , i unlocked the tdp with the tool provided in this thread ( thanks for your hard work ! ) but it's having a weird behaviour : As soon as the gpu reaches 100% usage , my fps are slowing by half and my gpu back to 1443Mhz . It's happening rather quickly ( about 5 sec in the witcher 3 ) and i'm going from 100 fps to 45 ...
    Also in hwinfo i never go up 115-120W whereas i unlocked the tdp ...
    BTW i'm using 330W Adapter and temps never exceed 66°c
    Any help or advice on this please ?
    Thank you for your time

5. hans12321

hans12321 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Might be due to your mxm slot can not provide enough power. As far as i know it's official specs are defined with 100 watts.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

6. Gounette

Gounette Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks but others having same laptop don't have this problem . The mxm slot can power up to 200W if i'm right ...

7. hans12321

Reputations:
    No thats not true. It is defenitely just able to power 100 watts or little more. 200 watts defenitely not :). Yes others use the same card as you but haven't gone beyond their limits if i remembered correctly.. correct me if i'm wrong.

8. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    People like @Mr. Fox have been overclocking & overvolting MXM GPUs in Alienware laptops for years - Kepler & Maxwell GPUs were pulling in the region of 170W+ from the MXM slots if I remember rightly, it might have been even 200W I can't quite remember. I had an overvolted & overclocked 670MX in my M17xR3 and that would pull just over 100W from the MXM slot, and that was just a little GPU with a small number of cores - Mr. Fox and others were doing the same as me but with more voltage for 780M's which had 50% more cores so that would put them in the 170W+ area I would think. So I don't think it's an MXM slot limitation that Gounete is experiencing, it's some kind of a 'bug' related to using a non-standard GPU (I never heard of a 1070 in an M17xR4), so either some settings need to be changed or it's just an unavoidable bug of some description related to firmware/drivers.

9. hans12321

Reputations:
    Don't know that. Have just seen the official specs of the slot

Robbo99999 likes this.
  10. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah, people have been blowing those official specs out of the water for years. I think people in this thread have even managed close to 200W after doing the power mods (I think I remember a figure of 180W somewhere).

hans12321 likes this.