Mobile Pascal TDP Tweaker Update and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Coolane, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    HI guys

Could you tell me if this stuff will be good to start flashing gtx1060 bga, because I want to move tdp higher than 88W
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/330...&terminal_id=f07b20dac83b4a28bd766ef685fa1cac

Is there everything I need to flash?

Also can anyone link me latest tested drivers and software for ch341a? I downloaded 1.18 from 30 min youtube video. Will this be ok?

And second thing could someone link me a guide how to connect everything on ch341a programer.

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  2. HoangThi

HoangThi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No need.
    You only need-finding other vbios of 1060 on techpowerup and then using NVIDIA NVFlash with Board Id Mismatch Disabled v5.541.0 to flash it.
    I have a clevo gtx 2080 with 150W, and now I am using 190W vbios of alien 51M by this method.
    No one here knows or knows but does not share with others.
    Nice.

3. hans12321

hans12321 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Don't blame others here if you haven't read the thread. Many guys shared their experiences with crossflasing vbioses from other vendors.

Ps: there is the risk of flashing the wrong vbios for your board. This can results in a total brick of your mobo even with the risk of a hardware damage. Editing the original vbios of your board with using @Coolane 's tool within the specs is much safer in my opinion.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

TheReciever likes this.
  4. Krzyslaw

Reputations:
    I already flashed official 88W vbios for gtx 1060 via nvflash but I am targeting in 90 W with possibility to use power limit slider for up to 120W
    And there is no other more powerfull vbios for bga 1060 other than 88w. clevo has 100w vbios for mxm version I think but it will brick my lap. So now I need to now if the stuff I posted in my previous link will do the job

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/330...&terminal_id=f07b20dac83b4a28bd766ef685fa1cac

5. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    Not to be funny here but if your GPU is BGA'd to the mainboard then it's really not worth the risk of bricking the whole laptop because the GPU failed.

When messing with MXM cards it's not too bad we also use the original VBIOS too, yes some of use have cross flashed vbioses and in some cases it works but not always the GCube cards was a prime example.

Beside you don't get any performance gains in terms of FPS when you got past 88w unless you out in alot and I mean alot of tdp power, on BGA based systems the VRM's are trash and will thermal run away before a hooker could change their underwear.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

6. Krzyslaw

Reputations:
    Maybe yes maybe not :) 120W can be to much but for sure they will handle around 100 and if I will f*** it I will by new one ;) There were here guys who did the magic with bga so I can also push it a bit more.
    I just need to know if the stuff is good and have everything I need
    BTW
    I made some really good mod to all of the cooling so 10-15W more should not be a problem.
    I allready pushed everything in my lap to max for what is possible to mod. I just need a bit more from gpu

7. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    If you still have the backup of your original vbios you should be safe.

The kit you linked will work however i personally use a SkyPro with a 1.8v adaptor and a SOIC8 test clip without issues. Goodluck.

8. Krzyslaw

Reputations:
    Great, thanks.

Yes I have a backup of vbios.

When programer will arive and i will have free time to flash maybe I will ask about something but it should be ok.
    At first I will be also doing backup with programer 2 or 3 times to chcek and compare if everything is the same with my dump from nvflash.

Pink cable ashould be connected to pin 1?

btw sorry for double posting.

9. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Yes Red/Pink should go to pin one, look for the little inverted pimple that denotes pin 1.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

10. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Man I wish my laptop would arrive already! I wanna burn up my gtx1080 too!! I’m so jealous you guys.