Mobile Pascal TDP Tweaker Update and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Coolane, Jun 20, 2017.

1. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    Not sure why your clip is like that, but mine is thinner and was ordered from the exact same link -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is what my Skypro Window looks like with the proper chip selected and "DETECTED" -

[​IMG]

I really have no idea where you are finding those Chip ID's and such.

If the other clip fits then line up the red end with the pin 1 of the chip, for reference this is how Pin one can be identified -
    [​IMG]

Also are you very sure and can read the exact chip type on the chip it self? And that it says - MX25U8033E , not MX25U8032E??
    I cannot make out what it says, since it has the weird crusty/waxy layer on it for some reason.

Finally if you really are not sure what you are doing, i would just stop and stick with stock. As mentioned earlier in this thread , this whole process is not for users who are not comfortable with tinkering with component level hard ware or do not have the exact understanding of exactly what is going on.
    As you said yourself, might as well STOP right now, and save yourself future trouble.

@Coolane Do you know if the MSI 1070 has the MX25U8033E or the MX25U8032E??

I have a feeling its the latter one, and @Falkentyne is trying to go off what @Mr. Fox posted , which is valid for the Clevo 1080's. IIRC even the MSI 1080 has the MX25U8032E.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    Vistar Shook and Coolane like this.
  2. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Thank you for the pics.
    Yeah they sent me a clip that doesn't even fit.
    Take a look.

[​IMG]

the BOTTOM clip is the one they sent me (from the link you told me to buy from).
    It's nothing like yours. It's WAY too thick.

The top clip is the one from the RT809F adapter I had in storage:
    it's smaller and actually clips on the chip....

3. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    Yeah that clip is way too fat, i guess one can never trust these Chinese clips. Thats why i use these ones since @Johnksss@iBUYPOWER pointed me towards 'em - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HHH65T4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the Clevo cards however either of those clips will work just fine.

I took a look at @Coolane 's image he posted quite a few pages back and seems like he is using a similar clip to the 5x2 you are using.
    Good chance you are selecting the wrong chip type /model.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  4. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It should be a SOIC8-150 1.8v chip from the shape. Pin 1 is the top right corner if the card's MXM contacts are at the bottom. Make sure the connections correspond to what's going into the programmer.

@Coolane @Johnksss@iBUYPOWER should I try 151-200 but set to adjustable?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

5. Coolane

Coolane Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Pin 1 is here according to your picture(this was also mentioned on few pages back), NOT the WHITE dot. The white dot is only to indicate that is the vBIOS chip-set.
    Pin1.jpg

My chip-set is MX25U8033E, the 1070 that @thegh0sts has I think it's a Winbond.

This is so true! @Falkentyne, if you don't feel comfortable of flashing it right now, maybe take a break for now.
    No rush and take your time to order a better/compatible clip and do more research, so that you can feel more confident before you decide to do it again.
    Put the disclaimer here again, :p:
    disclaimer.jpg

6. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    Can you guys read this?
    [​IMG]

Looks like winbond 25Q80EW or something?
    That for sure doesn't say "MXIC"...

7. Coolane

Reputations:
    We were talking about the temperature slider is not working. The TDP slider is working on both Inspector and Afterburner.

If you don't mind chance of burning your card, then go for it, :p.
    If you care lifespan and safety more, then I would stayed at/below 170W.

8. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    I read an old post that said "pin 1 is in the top right corner if the card's MXM contacts are at the BOTTOM.

So I put the clip the other way and INSTANTLY when I tried to select MXIC, it instantly went to WINBOND right away.

So I hit AUTO and this happened.....

[​IMG]

DOES THIS MEAN I CAN NOW REPASTE AND PUT THE MXM BACK IN THE LAPTOP ???

Vistar Shook likes this.
  9. Coolane

Reputations:
    That's a Winbond chip. If you don't mind, you can scrape off the white dot paint gently to show the complete model name.

Edited: No need, I saw your model name showed by the software: W25Q80EW

10. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    @Coolane
    I reversed the orientation of the clips after finding an old post about "pin 1 in the top right corner if the MXM contacts are at the bottom" (completely randomly) then I hit detect and it INSTANTLY detected the winbond. Even when I tried selecting the MXIC (on purpose) it went right back to the winbond instantly when I hit detect (no errors). I dont think I ever hit "Auto" so fast in my life. It flashed in 10 seconds and verified...am I good to go?

My 'original' attempts at pin 1 were actually correct.....just the clip (the one I ordered) was too large so it always errored on ID and then i started doing it backwards.

I had to use the RT809F clip. And then had to reverse the position again.

*EDIT*
    THERE HAS TO BE CLARIFICATION for future users on PIN 1.
    There is conflicting information in the first few pages.

Some posts say "pin 1 is marked by white paint".
    I don't know if this applies to some cards but not others, but pin 1 was NOT where the white paint was on mine. Pin 1 was completely opposite (with a small indention in the chip, the MXM contacts on the bottom and pin 1 in the top right corner).

Are there people with pin 1 where the white paint is? Because that wasn't the case on mine...

Clarification on this can save a lot of frustration.

Now time to remove this CLAY PUTTY............(I guess that's better than Intel Pigeon Poop right?).

c69k and Vistar Shook like this.