Mobile Pascal TDP Tweaker Update and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Coolane, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Oh no, my favorite Clevo hater was banned?!
    Yes he hated, but he was still forum family...maybe just a time-out?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  2. custom90gt

custom90gt Dellerator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    He was given multiple time-outs and asked to play nicely. It didn't seem to click for him. Sadly it was time to correct it for good.

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You could tell when he had a time out and was better for a bit and then would get worse again. I hope he figures out whatever was making him that way.

bennyg and Ionising_Radiation like this.
  4. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    I'm not sorry to see the back of him... He'd get on a high horse for the smallest things. Perhaps the only thing he and I agreed on was that the Clevo DTR notebooks were not as great as made out to be here. He was otherwise an extraordinarily toxic person. People like @Mr. Fox go on tirades, but they're usually directed against big corporate; Danishblunt just openly insulted fellow forum members (usually for little reason).

Anyone remember MikeKnight4Christ?

5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Yeah, that's the thing. I haven't seen anyone as hateful toward other people in the community as the person we are referring to. There was another one almost that bad a while back, but no point in mentioning who they are. I would never dream of acting the way he frequently did toward another person. Extremely belligerent and disrespectful, and generally without any type of provocation or exchange of dialogue leading up to it. I do not think he had the capacity to show kindness and respect to anyone that had an opinion that did not match his, and that is a real shame. He seemed to be pretty sharp, just not a very nice person.

Companies deserve ridicule for making bad decisions. For example, I know some really awesome people at Dell/Alienware and have a good relationship with those people. Salt of the earth, in fact. But, I have no problem telling them when a product they have for sale is pile of feces. They don't ask me to evaluate their products under development any more because of that, LOL. They didn't connect the dots. When they had awesome stuff, I told them so and praised them for the awesomeness. But, I'm not going to lie about garbage just to make them feel good. They'd have to find someone else to sugar-coat the feedback and let bad things slide as though they never existed, and they did.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  6. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    A little bit of honesty goes a great way to making things better. Companies need to be told that their products are trash (but only if they are truly trash—no point stirring the pot for no reason) by reviewers; they need to be told that they've got to improve by consumers, who vote with their wallets. The reason Apple has been making its notebooks continuously thinner, is because its user base has no problem with that fact.

Anyway, back on topic; I plan to execute this mod on my Quadro P3200 later in May, when my semester ends and I get some semblance of free time. As of now I have 1728 cores, locked at 1.5 GHz maximum, with a 67 W hard power lock, a 7 GHz hard memory lock, and a ~0.7 V voltage lock. This vBIOS needs some serious tweaking. 1728 cores at proper GTX 1060 speeds could net me performance rivalling a GTX 1070MQ. I wish the Dell community had someone like Prema.

bennyg and Mr. Fox like this.
  7. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    ... or Mr.Fox, ssj92 etc?... They used to, til they burned them real good...

ssj92 and Mr. Fox like this.
  8. jaime360

jaime360 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ok, i´ve been optimizing my gpu oc and I think I can not run it any farther without unlocking it even more. At the moment is 151/170w, which is pretty awesome for everyday gaming. My firestrike result is 17323. My graphics result 21470. I think that is not bad at all for a 1070 in a laptop. Thank you very much to Coolane and Falkentyne who have helped me through this.

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/18153082

Vistar Shook likes this.
  9. hans12321

hans12321 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Really great results! Would you please make a screenshot of your voltage curve? Would be awesome!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

10. jaime360

jaime360 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you! I can do it later, but for now, i think it is +200mhz, except at 1,025v, which is +212mhz and after that its flattened. Also +700mhz on vram.