Mobile Pascal TDP Tweaker Update and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Coolane, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    just wondering since I asked you to benchmark the card and you seem to have trouble doing so, hence I assumed its dead. So why no benchmarks? Whats stopping you from doing it?

2. johnnyde94

johnnyde94 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, Im a noob when it comes to NvFLASH and TDP tweaker. I have a dell 7577, with a 1060maxq and a 7300HQ. Is there a way to increase the TDP/power limit and or flash the Vbios? I have been messing around with MSI Afterburner V/F curves and undervolting but i haven't seen too much improvement. Please LMK if you need any information or want to see my V/F curve with log.

3. johnnyde94

johnnyde94 Newbie

Reputations:
    Also using NVIDIA profile inspector as well

4. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    without a programmer nothing will be possible of that sort for you.

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Since it's going to be part of the BIOS it becomes more of being able to extract the BIOS and insert the new Vbios into it. Generally not recommended playing with power targets too much on that class of machine.

6. Mr Pras

Mr Pras Hardware and systems

Reputations:
    The OP says that this tool doesn't work with Coffee Lake but I've used it, modified the Vbios on my 1070 and now wondering if I'm going to break it if I try to flash - anyone with an R5 AW17 had success increasing their tdp on these machines?

The output/modded vbios file was the same size as the original I extracted (233K) but when I tried to compare that or the unmodded vbios I get errors.

The reason I want to up the TDP is at the moment I can't push the GPU past 64C and I would be fine with at least another 15C on top as my CPU regularly hits 90C even when I'm using it alone (as opposed to pushing both).

I realise if I up the GPU it will affect the overall cooling but I'm looking to push the GPU ALONE (computational) and in these cases I'm getting power throttling whilst the GPU sits around 54C which seems like a huge waste of available headroom.

Untitled-1.png

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  7. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    you need to flash using hardware tool, it's a mismatch because of the security present in the bios file is invalid when you modify it

Mr Pras and hmscott like this.
  8. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Wrong

When trying to flash a custom vBios with successful TDP modded vBIOS via nvflash you get BCRT Error: Certificate 2.0 verification failed
    The tool is not compatible with vBios that contain some 8th gen CPU information in the ROM, which is the problem @Mr Pras is facing.

If he would flash that modded vBios via a HWprogrammer on his coffee lake system, he would probably have a blackscreen.

Mr Pras likes this.
  9. Mr Pras

Mr Pras Hardware and systems

Reputations:
    c69k likes this.
  10. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    TIL

all these fake limitation an false performance advertising, just like women nowadays