Mobile Pascal TDP Tweaker Update and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Coolane, Jun 20, 2017.

1. yb494119459

yb494119459 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    it is 294.7
    what is yours?[​IMG]

通过我的 PRA-AL00X 上的 Tapatalk发言

Robbo99999 and Falkentyne like this.
  2. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Ha, that's 2GB/s higher bandwidth than mine! Ok, so VRAM bandwidth is not a problem. You just have to do what you can in terms of a max core overclock. If you can get a stable 2000Mhz (actual frequency reported by sensors in sensor graph of GPUz) on the core during a benchmark you would almost definitely beat my Firestrike Graphics Score due to the fact the laptop GTX 1070 has more cores than the desktop GTX 1070. EDIT: you have 6% more cores on yours so actually a core of 1950Mhz should be enough to beat mine and get 21100+.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  3. Striker1234

Striker1234 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    That's tricky, you would need to check the right pins on the MXM are live, then it would be a case if they are that you would need to mod the vbios.

5. trooph

trooph Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello Guys.
    So.. I own a Clevo laptop with GTX 1070... Subvendor Clevo/Kapok Vendor GPU code is GP104 rev A1 with bios version 86.04.2A.00.0F
    I suffer from an issue where i get power throttling while using 2 displays (one on the laptop and one desktop) causing both displays to flicker and display artifacts. Also there is much powerthrottling on more demanding games like Escape from tarkov or even on csgo with over 144 fps
    I found a guy that runs a hardware repair shop and owns some of SPI programmers. My question is which chip contains my Vbios on the board and which hardware should we use to flash it. Im heading to his office on monday and it would be great if someone could help me out with this as im fed up with this laptop throttling and stuff ;/

6. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    If you're unsure and the guy with the shop is as well, I would strongly recommend finding someone else who can look at your notebook before you break it. We already had a person here who broke his MSI notebook.

7. trooph

trooph Newbie

Reputations:
    The thing is i know this guy fixes stuff...including desoldering whole chips. I just want to give him info to speed up that whole process. I already know he should use 1.8v adapter. I know my laptop well enough but not that good to know its pcb :) thats why im asking. Im kinda confident in this guys knowledge. Its just a matter of double checking everything :)
    i doubt that i will find someone experienced with this kind of stuff near my place of living. I mean i can drive even 300km to get there and pay for his/her help it will fix that darn throttling :)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  8. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    How about you start telling us what notebook you have and what power supply you own. That itself might be very helpful. Also what CPU you're running with.

9. trooph

trooph Newbie

Reputations:
    Right away :)
    I own Clevo p670rs-g 17.3" notebook powered with I7 6700HQ, GTX 1070 8gb VRAM ,MB P65_67RSRP. 250gb SATA3 ssd, 250 m2 ssd 1xhdd, 16gb 2133mhz DDR4 ram
    PSU ADP-230EB T 230W

Currently gpu power throttles at 115wats, according to TDP tweaker.

10. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    I would not do a higher TDP if I were you.
    I've seen many P6xx notebooks which died because of TDP modding. It seems the notebook cannot handle much more than 115W on the GPU.