Mobile Pascal TDP Tweaker Update and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Coolane, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Let me fix that real quick:

[​IMG]

hugs

2. senso

senso Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm not at the repair center anymore, but the BIOS Flash was usually painted with a yellow dot, and the EC with a red one, refub mobos also had green dots on the Flash chips.

I didn't call anyone selfish, nor did I receive any PM..

I only gave a quick look to the pick, I'm used to only seeing the kapton tape on top of the EC, now that I have a bit more time, yeah, its right near the USB-C port/TB controller, so it makes sense that its firmware for the TB3 thingy.

I was a guess/going by what I'm used to see, but I will just refrain from commenting on any topic, because anything that can be said in this forums will be used against me...

3. DentzSetzer

DentzSetzer Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,

I don't know if this project is still going on or not but I am trying to undervolt my GTX 1050M in my dell xps 9560 (laptop), it took me long to figure out how to extract the vbios from the bios but I think I got it, I can send it on request.

Here the screenshot of what I see in Coolane's application :
    [​IMG]
    My goal is to be able to go under 800mv which is the actual limit and also to underclock the VRAM more.

Thanks!

4. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Bloody hell, a lot of different people getting defensive and upset in this thread - nothing bad has really happened, seems out of the blue, sleep more & drink less coffee I'd say.

5. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    You know, I already blocked the guy for his behaviour for obvious reasons, but it doesn't help that you act as childish as he does. Simply block him and you won't have to deal with his crap, he's probably mad because he saw that some could get a 7820HK on 5.1ghz (I also managed to do this) and he doesn't understand how people do it, hence hes frustrated.

As I already pointed out, you probably did something wrong and killed something off. You clearly have no experience in this and fiddling even more on it will only result in making it worse. As Prema already pointed out if you keep on making reads and apply to high voltage on chips that require much less, you likely will break something even more and make the repair more difficult for the person who attempts to repair your board. I say, leave it as it is, let it be a lesson and get it repaired, if you still have warranty, RMA it and don't say anything, you might get it fixed for free within your warranty, if not, pay for the repair, sell the notebook and you gained some money which you can use on your desktop and a less powerful notebook on the side for portability things.

Being angry and tell someone to delete your account is somthing a 7 year old rage boy would do because he didn't get his lollipop. Take a chillpill and appreciate the fact that people like Prema spend time into trying to solve your problem. It's not our fault that you did something wrong and being angry at people on this forum for mistakes you made is the wrong way to go on about it, instead be angry at yourself for doing something stupid and learn from it.

I was in the same situation as you were, I broke a notebook which I spend a lot of money in and was financially rather stuck, and instead of being angry I found a solution which basicially let me not only get a much better notebook for free, but also made me some money as well, because I realized I done goofed and had to find a solution. Anger blinds your reason and blocks paths which you could have taken to make something great out of a dire situation.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2018
  6. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Just so ALL of you know ,he's lying again.
    This guy is a creep who makes up complete BS when he doesn't even know how the embedded controller works on this laptop, nor does he understand any of the thermal characteristics. He doesn't even know which code is responsible for limiting the EC. HINT: it's not CPU speed at all. The MSI 16L13 is affected by the exact same thing.

This guy is a pretender and a fraud.

He doesn't know half of what I know about MSIbooks
    I put in my work and study in using the scientific method to hack MSIbooks, even though I am not a coder.

There is a reason he does not give 'proof' of his EC hack.
    You can't even reprogram the EC in a GT73VR by force. it's stored in the controller chip
    You can't force flash it. You need specialized hardware. And if you mess up one byte. YOUR ENTIRE LAPTOP IS BRICKED FOREVER.

i'll say it again

5.1 ghz on a 7820HK is impossible outside of a CPU-Z suicide shot.
    The EC can NOT allow you to reach that speed on a GT73VR And put any sort of load on the processor.

And even if a EC hack (which danishblunt doesnt know about, this kid doesn't even know what a checksum is) were available, you would reach 100C without Liquid metal paste. He doesn't use liquid metal. read his old posts. Even in his broken tests his Lm tests always had HIGHER temps than traditional paste.

Do you believe he knows how to hack 32 bit SHA-1 checksums and has the MSI decryption key to their EC, when he was sitting here telling people here to desolder their vbios pascal chips to flash the modded vbioses? he doesn't even know nor understand why nor when you need to desolder chips.

Vbios and system bios chips are *bus isolated*. Meaning they don't need to be desoldered. Just cut the power to the laptop and remove AC plug and battery..

TB3 (thunderbolt 3) chip is NOT (the chip in question earlier).

I'll say it 1 more time

5.1 ghz at 1.270v STABLE <--this is his claim.
    on regular thermal paste :/

Even a 7700K can't do this.

He is a liar and a fraud.

@Papusan @D2 Ultima @Prema

You people can NOT allow people like danishblunt to spread lies like this. ever.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    Vistar Shook likes this.
  7. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Come on guys can we put this thread back to topic, vBios and EC chips are two different things (Does different tasks) which only one can be worked up on by the tool supplied by the thread. My suggestion for your EC Hunt is to make a new topic about it.

There shouldn't be any fighting going on at all, after all we are a community and not a school play field. Each person has a different way weather or not if its the correct way to go about things doesn't warrant a public outburst. I take no one's side but i hate to see the community i have grown to love get involved in a argument. Now please back to the topic of this thread.

t456 likes this.
  8. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...rvolting-overclocking-and-overvolting.817033/

Vistar Shook likes this.
  9. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    PUBG is hopelessly bugged with unlocked GPU's.. It's like it's tripping some rail or something which triggers PWR limit even when you're nowhere close to the power limit, and the clocks and voltage drop as if you were leapfrogging the power limit. Or maybe its making the Nvidia drivers trip a rail. Only seems to happen on Erangel too. Setting extreme power limits from 16200 to 19200 seems to prevent this until the GPU reaches around 70C, then all gloves are off and it randomly does it again. It's almost like some PARTICULAR map structure or object is causing it. If you don't set the first extreme power limit to 19200, you can get this even in the main menu, starting at 160W....

Besides this Nvidia BS, no problem with PUBG otherwise rocking 230W through a GTX 1070. VRM's be damned. And don't play with Shadows on Ultra unless you want 50 FPS in Erangel houses, especially around doorways.

Nvidia...the way it's meant to be fried.

Peons wanted.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It could be some coding goes into a loop and hammers a particular section of the core like a power virus.

Vistar Shook, Papusan and bennyg like this.
  11. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    Yeah that's what I was thinking.
    But that's why I want to know what the first value in "Extreme power limits" actually does.
    All Coolane said is that this value must be increased from the default of (14,000 something) to 16,200 to allow a modded 1070 to draw 170W of power.
    Yet the GTX 1080 (MSI version) uses the EXACT same defaults ! I'm assuming that's because the original MSI 1080 card (the one used in the 16L13) has a default TDP of 150W! Only the GT73VR (and I think GT83VR) versions have 200W TDP. So MSI increased the TDP but not the rails. Nice...

I KNOW its some sort of rail, but i don't know what precisely.

I remember in the Kepler editor, there was 'faint' discussion about these values, ONE Of them was a "PCIE voltage or amps" rail.
    Another was something else. There were like three or four for "PCIE".

I'm assuming that everyone with a MSI 1080 (who has a default of 16200 on the first extreme power limits rail) will have the same problem in PUBG.

Vistar Shook likes this.