Mobile Pascal TDP Tweaker Update and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Coolane, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Timbabs123

Timbabs123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Use the programmer without the 1.8v adapter BUT only do this if you are using that exact model. Also make sure it's connected properly to the bios chip.

Use the latest version of the software and make sure you get the correct name of your bios chip, then select that name in the software.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Do you have a link of the latest software somewhere? I downloaded the one from the youtube video and it seems old.

3. Timbabs123

Timbabs123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I will have a look at my old PC for you later on. See if I can upload it.

4. Pedro69

Pedro69 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone is able to edit a vbios to put a max vddc on 0.8750V? I dont need others things such tdp, i just need that GTX 1070 not go high than 0.8750V on vddc.
    Vbios is 86.04.5b.00.44

Thanks.

5. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Don't need vbios mod to do that.

In MSI Afterburner:
    [​IMG]

Note, dropping the clock on the next higher voltage lower will snap to the same clock and give you the flat line, most of the time. It saves a lot of time. That GUI is atrocious

Vistar Shook, Pedro69 and hmscott like this.
  6. Pedro69

Pedro69 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Yes, but my objective is not use a external program to lock the vddc, anyways there is a way to edit a pascal bios to edit the max voltage and flash the mod vbios without any hardware piece?

7. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Hi!
    I assume flashing a modded vBIOS is still not possible with software.
    According to NVFlash, the chip used for my vBIOS is a WBond W25Q80EQ 1.65-1.95V chip.

Also, the vBIOS I am trying to flash is for a full BGA ASUS G752VM laptop with GTX 1060.

When I load the vBIOS I get this:

[​IMG]

However when I open an MXM vBIOS, I get this:
    [​IMG]

There are 3 unknowns for the BGA ASUS card...is it safe to mod it like that and flash it? I am afraid that the software is bugged and it would not save a working vBIOS.

ps: also tried it with my desktop GTX 1080 and that is detected correctly as well. The software seems to only have a problem with BGA vBIOS.
    Is it safe to use it despite this ?
    I am not even sure that the voltage numbers are deteted correctly ... oh and preset button does not do anything :(

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  8. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    @Coolane ?
    I think the tool needs to be updated for other card revisions. Although that's not easy without access to hardware.

Maybe if you send him the Bios dump?
    But I haven't seen coolane around recently.

9. andy marchi

andy marchi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i do have a question if anyone can help me out. i have a gt73vr msi laptop. i have the 1080 card. would it be possible to change or increase the temperature to a higher setting for Throttling. i feel that these cards start throttling at such lo temperatures.

10. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I already answered your question in the other thread, yet you didn't even reply to me or acknowledge my post. was it because of that troll Danishblunt? You realize he doesn't know what he's talking about right? He's the guy who claimed he made his own custom EC to make a MSI GT73VR run STABLE at 5.2 ghz at 1.270v on TRADITIONAL Thermal paste (which is impossible).

Yes, you CAN Change the TEMPERATURE (critical) throttling point. You can raise that up to 80C or something. This throttling is shown as "limit reasons: temperature limit", as far as I know.
    You can NOT change the "Pascal" throttling "Feature" which throttles the core by -13C every 8C temp step, starting at 42C. This is by design and does not show up as a throttling flag, and there is no way to avoid this, on either desktop or MXM cards.

If you actually want to TDP mod the 1080, which no one has done on a GT73VR or GT75 yet, I suggest pressing the 1080 'preset' button in the editor (otherwise your max TDP will be 200, regardless of what you enter in the editor), and then try a range of 200,000 to 240,000. No one here can tell you if going above 200,000 is safe on a GT73 or GT75, however. Clevos have been tested safe by Khenglish.

bennyg, Vistar Shook and Papusan like this.