1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

MMC could not create the plugin (Task Scheduler and Events Viewer) Error in Vista

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by MNguyen, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MNguyen

MNguyen Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi All,
    Just recently discovered I get a "MMC could not create the plugin" error when attempting to run Task Scheduler and Events Viewer in Vista Home Premium.

Tried this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 but it hasn't helped. What else could be it? I've rechecked my services, I don't think there's anything disabled that could affect thus.

2. goofball

goofball Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    look for an mmc.exe.config file and rename it if found.

3. MNguyen

MNguyen Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ah I tried that, none found unfortunately

4. MNguyen

MNguyen Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Any other thoughts? Are any services related to this?