Missing my Clevo....

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by flyboynm, Jan 6, 2019.

1. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @flyboynm you've triggered the biggest Clevo hater on NBR, might want to cut your losses and duck out before this thread spirals out of control. :p

Ashtrix, Ultra Male, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  2. flyboynm

flyboynm Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Alienware used to be made by Clevo prior to Dell taking them over. I had Alienwares back then and moved to Clevo's for a reason. Hate all you want on Clevos but it will not change my opinion that the Alienware is an inferior system.

Tell you what - buy a 17 inch Clevo with the same specs as my Alienware and I will trade you my AW for it. If you are not willing to do that, maybe you should just quiet down.

By the way, this Alienware will be put up for sale in March as soon as my new Clevo system comes in. I had a very small window of time while I was in the US and didn't have enough to get the system I really wanted. This one was in stock and could be delivered the day before I left the country. That is the ONLY reason I bought it.

Papusan, gunemalli and yrekabakery like this.
  3. flyboynm

flyboynm Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nahh, I am good. If Alienware is so much better than a Clevo, I offered him a deal. They buy a Clevo with the exact same specs as my AW and I will trade it to them for the Clevo - saving them $300 on the AW. If they don't want to do that, they need to shut up with their comments about Clevo's being so terrible.

Papusan and yrekabakery like this.
  4. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Back on topic though.

Ryzen: Nope

RTX 20 Series: Wait until 29th of this month

5. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    There is no such thing as an opinion for the stuff I just listed. Those are nothing but facts. If you want to argue, then start showcasing how a GTX 1070 MaxQ turd castrated at 80W beats a full 1070 at 125W. That attempt itself would make me laugh.

Saying that the Alienware is inferior is showcasing strong bias and ignorance.
    While you are more than welcome to miss your clevo notebook and like clevo more than alienware for whatever reason you like, spreading nonsense like an objectively better notebook is inferior because you want it to be reality is stupid.

Some people don't like the design of AW notebooks, others don't like the software, others don't like keyboard layout etc., these are all valid reasons to dislike a product.

Also your "offer" is also showcasing absolute lack of thought and rational thinking: I do not need another notebook, so why would I purchase a clevo turdbook just to trade it for a somewhat decent notebook that I don't need? Exacly, doesn't make a lick of sense.

If you miss your clevo that much, please make a thread in the marketplace where you actually trade your AW for a P955er turd or P770DM turd. I'm pretty sure tons of people would love to jump at that deal considering the superior product they would be getting.

6. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    @Danishblunt You are not a trustworthy source of factual data. Forum troll is more like it.

Papusan and yrekabakery like this.
  7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Don't hold back Danish, say what you really think.

Papusan likes this.
  8. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
  9. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Go ahead then, provide factual data how a maxQ 1070 80W beats a non maxq 1070 125W.
    How the speakers of the Clevo are better
    How the clevo is quiter etc.

Try me.

10. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    That's not a Clevo model number but a Sager one. Please list the Clevo model as many people including me have no clue what those Sager models mean