Mid 2019 RB15 Advanced - 240hz, i7 9750H, RTX 2080 mq and Liquid Metal

Discussion in 'Razer' started by bimmerboii, May 21, 2019.

1. bimmerboii

bimmerboii Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Papusan likes this.
  2. bimmerboii

Reputations:
    Im reading up on cpu undervolting and slowly starting to understand the basics. I have not changed any setting but upon checking XTU (Core Voltage Offset) and HWMonitor (IA Offset) it seems my machine is undervolted out of the box?

[​IMG]

3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Yeah, @Prema got rid of the forced undervolt by Cevo in his firmware mods. But reagardsles... -100mv shouldn't intefere much with the chips functinality. Most chips will handle this undervolt.

bimmerboii likes this.
  4. bimmerboii

Reputations:
    Ok thanks for that. I didn't know some manufacturers would do this out of the box. Looks like I won't be touching the said subject anymore since it already is undervolted by default. Feels safer for me to leave it as it is.

5. huey85

huey85 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm getting exactly the same BSOD since upgrading to the latest drivers (430.64). With previous drivers I never encountered the BSOD. Also one thing to note, I only encountered those BSOD when on battery.
    BSOD read "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)"

Analysis of my crash minidumps:
    Code:
    BugCheck 116, {ffff8902e93a2010, fffff8059c042140, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvrzi.inf_amd64_0a22d906d95c4221\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
    Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+ba2140 )

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvrzi.inf_amd64_0a22d906d95c4221\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
    Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+ba2140 )

nvlddmkm.sys dated 5/5/2019 Nvidia video drivers.
    I've posted on both GeForce and Microsoft forums for help.

This might be able to be done as a workaround for now: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefiel...drdelay_10_fixed_my_crashes_since_last_patch/
    Going to give it a try later

6. bimmerboii

Reputations:
    Yup that's the exact same error I got. But mine hasn't BSOD'd since doing a clean install of the driver. Seems to have been fixed after following the DDU guide a few posts above.

huey85 likes this.
  7. huey85

huey85 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I've done countless clean installs with DDU and the latest game ready driver v430.64. but still getting BSOD.

Which driver version are you running? Edit nvm just read a few posts back you're also running the same version.

I've just modified the tdrdelay in my registry from 2 to 10. Hopefully that can suffice as a workaround for now until NVIDIA and Microsoft can determine what the cause is of the BSOD.

8. bimmerboii

Reputations:
    I have decided to upgrade the default 500GB Samsung NVME drive to a 2TB Addlink NVME drive. I spent so many hours trying to clone the drive but it just won't boot to Windows. I tried both Macrium and AOMEI and get the same results. The Addlink drive I bought is similar to the Sabrent NVME drive where in cloning just won't work (reviews of the Sabrent drive say its not possible to clone this drive).

What are my options to copy the drive if cloning doesn't work?

9. Evertbie

Evertbie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had the same issue trying to clone to larger ssd using an external nvme enclosure connected through the USB c port using Macrium Reflect but no dice ....

Have checked several forums and in the end it seems (...its still not clear to me..) that in Win10 its not possible..I noticed that after cloning the primary partition on the new cloned drive did not contain the boot record...

Trying recovery disk to repair boot record (as advised by some forums) also didn’t work..

In the end had to clean install, run win10 update and install synapse 3

10. Evertbie

Evertbie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My new drive was a Samsung evo 970 2tb