Microsoft Game Pass for PC

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by hfm, Jun 13, 2019.

1. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is it worth to update to 1903 just to try the beta lol?

hfm and NuclearLizard like this.
  2. NuclearLizard

NuclearLizard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So far it's only murked an audio driver. Some settings are moved around and that's about it. It mostly seems to be back end fixes this time around.

There where some stuff about updates being able to be worked around till 35 days later or not deleting some things in situation but I didn't read too much into it honestly.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Tapatalk

cj_miranda23 and hfm like this.
  3. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I haven't had any issues with 1903. I think I also did have an audio driver problem happen but that was easily remedied by fixing the drivers, which was just reinstalling them if I recall correctly. Hard to remember now exactly what happened.

It's only $1 for the first month to buy into it right now. At a bare minimum it's worth it if you can start and finish Metro: Exodus in that first month then cancel. That's a damn good deal to just rip through that game if you haven't played it.

I was just going to buy it on Epic if I got to that point in my backlog, but $1? OK sure I'll move it up the priority queue for that price. Even if you spill into the following month it's only $5.99 ($1 + $4.99 for month 2). That's still a great deal.

I never played Metro: Last Light it's been in my backlog forever, so I'm burning through that now so I can get to Exodus. LL is fantastic so far, the visuals on that game are holding up really well (playing the upgraded Redux version). Hard to believe it's a 5 year old game. I digress.

Yeah, it seems to be worth it if you ask my opinion. I just wanted to play Exodus for the RTX since there's not very many releases out there yet for that.

4. Temp1234453

Temp1234453 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is there any way to run the app on 1809? (LTSC)

5. NuclearLizard

Reputations:
    Not as far as I have found. I could download it and start it but it would tell me I have an incompatible version of Windows.

6. sniffin

sniffin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    1903 seems like one of the better updates they've released so far. Certainly better than the mess that was 1809.

hfm likes this.
  7. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If I get the basic pc version. Will I have access on gears 5 on day one or is that for the ultimate version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. NuclearLizard

Reputations:
    Afaik you can get it with the basic one.

Game pass for PC gives you it on PC
    Gamepass for Xbox does that
    XBLA is your live

And game pass ultimate gives you all of that to my understanding.