Microsoft Edge Beta (Chromium)

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Charles P. Jefferies, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Safari no way in hell! 95% are Chromium/Chrome now and rest are IE,Edge,FF and Safari.

2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Vasudev likes this.
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    hmscott likes this.
  4. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It is, but it doesn't play all that nicely with Play Store extensions.

Vasudev likes this.
  5. 3Fees

3Fees Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    M$ is trying revive Internet Explorer/Edge, the problem with using IE/Edge or even this newer version coming out Kids is M$ entire operating system is focused around its web browser-its not stand a lone program and M$ web browser is connected to everything in Windows if it gets hit by virus,worm, ect your entire operating system crashes. I have never used Google Chrome and wont use it. As too market shares by web browsers several are here today and gone tomorrow. Netscape Navigator is an example Netscape was a virtual monopoly in the 90's and by 2002 was gone with the wind. As too whats the most popular web browser that subject to wide fluctuation and massive over estimation and massive under estimation. Virus programs can report erroneous web browsers to sites asking to ensure privacy,ect. Who checks on the web sites to determine if they are accurate in web browsers downloading a web site to view ? No one does.

6. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  7. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  8. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I have been testing the new Chromium-based Edge for a few weeks and have no complaints. I would prefer to be able to use a Google account log-in, but the flip side of that is it looks and feels like Chrome and the import of bookmarks and passwords from Chrome was seamless and now everything that has kept me tethered to Chrome/Google is now syncing with my Micro$lop account. I like the idea of not feeling tethered to Chrome/Google. To be clear, I don't like either company, but they suck less than the alternatives. Oh, wait... what alternatives?

I've acclimated to it enough that I have made it my defaut web browser on my crash test dummy Windows 10 installation that has all of the stock Redmond Retard digital cancer enabled.
    Agree. I strongly dislike Firefox browser. I think Opera and Vivaldi stink as well. I would stick with Internet Explorer rather than use Firefox, Opera or Vivaldi. A tasteful UI isn't everything, except when I hate the UI and then literally nothing else it has to offer, no matter how great it might be, matters enough to make me be willing to put up with the tacky-looking UI.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  9. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'd smack you silly when you said that about Opera :mad::mad:

I'm using latest Opera stable version and it works quite well on all my PCs...thank you very much

Mr. Fox and hmscott like this.
  10. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I like the built-in VPN mode, works well when you are stuck on a web site without https... I'm looking at you NBR... :)

Have you tried the "Gaming Opera", Opera GX?
    Opera GX.JPG