Microsoft Creators Update, April 11 , 2017 Rollout

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by 3Fees, Mar 30, 2017.

1. 3Fees

3Fees Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have read several posts about this update, it appears this is a minor update, hopefully there will be a driver update for the drivers now 11 years old, M$ will now be selling windows themes in windows store, not sure if free themes will be available like now,ect

Dr. AMK likes this.
  2. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  3. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

But let me tell you this, I've been running the RTM/Final version since last week. This is not Final, not Beta, not even Alpha in my books.

Major discussions on MDL Forums about how buggy it is, buggier than previous Insider Preview Builds even.

Just a few examples of the bugs:

- Start Menu layout keeps resetting itself, you pin your programs and whatnot, then open the start menu again, bam, they're back to whatever the layout was before you pin anything

- When I go to Settings then to the Start Menu Settings then select which folders appear on Start, I select all of them

then I check my start menu, none are there. If I go back to the settings, they are all unchecked.

@Mr. Fox

PS: On a side note, some users are saying this happens when you disable Cortana but I am not enabling her even if you paid me.

Workaround, use Classic Shell or any other Start Menu alternative app

4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I have been reading what the IT Pros are saying (guys like Woody Leonhard from Infoworld/IDG) and it's not as peachy as the M$ liars would lead one to believe. We should know by now that when Micro$loth is getting people hyped up that it is to serve as a distraction from their mistakes. And, all of the Kool-Aid drinkers that pretend bad is good are no help.

I don't have Cortana... at all. I evicted that tramp from her digital brothel on the WIMs before reinstalling to unallocated disk space and she is nowhere to be found. Not even her "service" exists. Ding dong the witch is dead. Skype, Get Office, OneDrive... all that worthless feces bloatware has been terminated without mercy. Defender is a bit trickier now. It's integrated with some other garbage, so even when the tools are dead, it is still there in name only. Going to have to use a bigger hammer on that piece of poop.

By the way... I've got Windows 7 on my 960 Pro now. I puts Creators Abortion on the BPX. I used the same tool to create a custom Windows 7 NVME/USB3 ISO with integrated updates for Kernel Mode Driver Framework, DotNet 4.6 and a few other things, removed Home Groups from the WIM, and it runs like a top on the 960 Pro.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    tonyr6, jaug1337, Scerate and 5 others like this.
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I found out how to remove the Windows Defender Security Center Service which is protected and cannot be touched. this is not to be confused with Windows Defender, it is basically the Security Center junk that wants to monitor your security, as if Micro$h4ft knows anything about security other than giving us FPs....

lemme know if you need it, I don't have the Creators update installed so I will have to connect to you via TeamViewer and show you how easy it is to unlock / disable that junk

cj_miranda23 and Dr. AMK like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Yes, I do want that. Thank you. I will send you my info . That will give you a chance to browse and see how radical my surgery was. Instead of removing the cancer cells, I removed the entire limb just for good measure. And, it still works fine.

7. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Accepting repastes!

Reputations:
    what's so bad about windows defender?

8. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    Unwanted for the performance and protection it offers with the resources it takes I presume ?
    -bloatware-

tonyr6 and sasuke256 like this.
  9. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Accepting repastes!

Reputations:
    ah

I still use it, never really noticed anything significant

don_svetlio likes this.
  10. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    It's the heaviest AV I've ever used! Reminds me of how McAfee was a few years ago. I could feel my system literally crippled if I have it enabled!

@Mr. Fox

[​IMG]

tonyr6, sasuke256, 6730b and 3 others like this.