Microsoft CPU anyone?

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by jclausius, Dec 18, 2020.

1. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    And we're starting to see a lot more of those issues as well. I tend to believe this is starting to reflect of the quality of the software engineer working on things at Microsoft. I think they're eroding a lot of trust the industry has in their ability to churn out decent software.

A running total has started (documenting each reported bug and performance related issues) with Windows 10. It's hard to ignore the number of issues that keep popping up with each and every update / release - Starting about here - http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-10-20h2.830339/page-3#post-10954187 Also, in comparison to your last post of MS going cheap on testing, please see @Mr. Fox's post at the bottom of page 25 on that link. (LOL!)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    Papusan and Aivxtla like this.
  2. M17XR42012

M17XR42012 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    in theory the telemetry data that is "stolen" is suppose to help the AI (which does not work) improve the product (Which now has more bugs) and it puts human developers out of work. We are seeing this in call centers too (Different topic though). People want to talk to humans, not AI. Programmers are programming themselves out of a job.

jclausius and Papusan like this.
  3. jclausius

Reputations:
    As a software programmer with 30yrs experience, all I can say is... . Yep!

Papusan likes this.
  4. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The problem is no one has been able to do a better O/S then Windows 10. And that's what everyone tries to compare to. Don't even mention Linux for all their Distro they can't come up with just one O/S to go head to head with Windows. Anyone can fireup a Windows computer except 8 and use it like it was second hand nature try that with Linux that requires some knowledge of the software background and not everyone including software are available on Linux. That's where the real "Deal" comes in if you don't have the software support like Windows has forget even trying to topple them. Even if it has issues or bugs no has been able to make or create software to the scale of Windows that will stop it going forward. No matter the hatin' on Windows or MS Office everyone tries to compare themselves to it. Take example MS Office with Acrobat Adobe 11 it can install and use MS Office integrated. I tried to find other software to do this but they can not including Open Office they don't give that same level of addon install. That is why I still have MS Office 2016 and looking to still find MS Office 2019 to use. So until the "Software" support is coming in avalanches don't expect MS Windows 10 or later for it's issue to go away. When it does consider computers around the world crashing down and I doubt anyone here would want or like to have that happen.

5. jclausius

Reputations:
    I'm not sure it's that. Are ppl possibly abandoning PCs altogether? Look at Windows market share vs Android since October - https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share

Papusan likes this.