Microsoft announces Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Dr. AMK, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    year after year, I try to use Linux and delete it after 5 mins...hundreds of things don't work starting from your FN keys, Wireless Network Adapters especially, to software to the time needed to look for an alternative for every app that you use for Windows. IMO, it will NEVER EVER be a mainstream OS. If it would've, we would've seen its popularity rise especially with the release of Windows 10 but truth of the fact is, it will remain buried under a big stone because its developers focus on different things rather than focusing on making the darn thing work for every computer it may be installed on.

2. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Pictures can tell you more than words:vbbiggrin: Maybe Micro$haft should pick the puke color as the main (pastel) color in their logo and apps?:rolleyes: Yeah, it fits very well!!

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    These are the only apps I have. Xbox is there just to make the Games Mode function properly and Sticky Notes is for me to write reminders on who I want to flame next :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Agree. Great basic OS with a severe absence of functionality. Most open source stuff ends up half-baked. Great concept, but seldom ever executed to completion. Many open source projects end up abandoned as well. Free is always nice in concept, but free doesn't pay bills or give the people working on it an incentive to try harder. Even donationware is much better, in almost all cases, than free app crap. Two examples of outstanding donationware are ThrottleStop and HWiNFO64. If they became open source they would turn into crapware.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    To me, Linux if I ever did use it or let's say got a laptop which has Linux preinstalled some Dell Jokebooks would be an OS either for:

1) Web browsing and watching YouTube
    2) Hacking

No more fun, no benchmarking tools, no games, nada, you open it, and use it, just like Apples junk OS

6. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
  7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Exactly. It works great for those things, which I can also do on my rooted disposable $50 Kindle Fire tablet. The Facebook/twitter generation thrives in that environment of mediocrity. Ignorance is bliss.

8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Pukey pastel colors for a crappy OS is fitting. Feces also comes in pastel colors that can vary by diet. Both are smelly, so they also have that in common with Windows OS X.

9. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    oh and before any Linux fanboy jumps here to flame me and say oh but we have OpenOffice and GIMP. No sir, they do not even come close to Micro$h4ft Office and Photoshop. See j00

@Donald@HIDevolution =
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    OpenOffice is severely lacking in functionality and GIMP is gimped.