Micron to ship Intel Optane competitor later this year

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Dr. AMK, Mar 29, 2017.

1. tilleroftheearth

tilleroftheearth Wisdom listens quietly...

Reputations:
    Dr. AMK, thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

These 'small' changes make for a much better reading experience on the forums.

Thank you not just for making a change I suggested (going forward)... but I also thank you for being open to change (for the better for all, I think).

+REP :)

Papusan and Dr. AMK like this.
  2. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    Thank you for your kindness my friend, regardless that I have a PhD. and doing management consulting for many of the private and government sectors, but I'm here between you guys, is just a student trying to learn from senior members like your kind self, and the student must care and fix any findings found by his seniors.
    And I want to say, that my location maybe so far, but really most of the time I feel that I'm living with you guys in the same neighborhood because of the high quality attitude for most of this respected forum members.
    And I'll promise that I will "keep going forward" as much as I can, sharing knowledge, supporting any one seeking my help, like what you are all doing, I just need some time to learn.
    Regards.

tilleroftheearth and Papusan like this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Keep up the good work @Dr. AMK :vbthumbsup:

Not about Optane but ssd - ram who is todays tech:)

Prices of SSDs and RAM will crash in 2019 - PCworld.com

"It’s possible that prices of PC and mobile devices will head back down, which has been the general trend for more than a decade. But some companies may opt for profits rather than pass the savings on to buyers, much like Apple + Dell has done historically."

Dr. AMK likes this.
  4. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    We all hope that the prices will go down within a year or something, 2019 is still so far.

Papusan and Starlight5 like this.
  5. Papusan

Reputations:
    By that time, everything has become more expensive:D Buy when you need to. Otherwise refrain from it. The best advice I can give:cool:

6. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    I have all what I need already, I removed all mechanical hard drives from my life long time ago, will never use it again, any SSD model will fulfill my needs, no matter what speed they have.

Papusan likes this.
  7. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Reputations:
    @Dr. AMK lucky you! I need 8TB storage (and would prefer backup of same size - but that's what HDDs are for). 2x 2.5" 4TB SSDs will cost me over $2000 that I'm not willing to spend on it at the moment, partly because it won't fit into devices I prefer - forcing me to look into cheaper, yet less comfortable and straightforward, alternatives.

8. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    You can have more than 8TB for backups but outside the laptop, I'm not doing backups or archiving on SSD except for very very important work files, when I said I'm not using regular HD, I meant the one inside the laptop, and for backup I have a NAS solution 16TB with Wi-Fi option.
    SSD for me is used for OS, apps, some games some data bases for work which needs speed for it's searching engine,

Papusan likes this.
  9. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Reputations:
    @Dr. AMK of course I can, but I want to have a 8TB storage inside of modern convertible ultrabook - which is currently impossible.

Dr. AMK likes this.
  10. Papusan

Reputations:
    Dr. AMK likes this.