Microlags Fix

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Danishblunt, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    It's been a while since they released a new driver. I hope the next driver fixes this annoying issue.

[​IMG]

2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Did you notice this strange thing? After couple of days installing the new driver from green team 390.65, older games actually shoots up GPU temps to 75C and on newer Dx12 games like Hitman it tops out at 70C.

3. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Not for me, temps are normal.

@Phoenix It's not intel related it's NVIDIA related. People with Enduro don't have this problem -_-

4. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Yes that's what I meant, I hope nVIDIA pushes a new driver soon that fixes this.

Vasudev likes this.
  5. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    @Vasudev Do you have an optimus system around running on the latest windows 10 FCU without any issues? If so could you tell me what driver you're running on?

6. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Never upgraded to FUC edition. I'm trying Insider release of RS4 in a VM.

THEBOSS619 likes this.
  7. THEBOSS619

THEBOSS619 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    True about that... and about RS4 is going to have more Microsoft spy sh*t but a smoother or an optimized ones and going to be harder to stop this crap because Microsoft main goal is to be more like ChromeOS which means more internet dependent...
    Well... just to point out... FCU does something weird without you noticing.. for example when you play any video or audio they change the SPP automatically to 0 [Wish means maximum performance] and they mostly ignore any settings you put on Windows Power Management, after you finish they get back to whatever SPP you have put under Windows Power Management on ''Processor energy performance preference policy''

I mean like.. I think Microsoft went crazy for this kind of behavior.. making your CPU run at maximum speed for just hearing an audio or video is just wasting your CPU hard work for a simple task that doesn't deserve to be running your CPU at maximum speed. I wonder what will happen when gaming..or doing anything else... I expect unpredictable behavior [example.. random lags]

I can provide some pictures if you want.. it is not on my laptop anyway so it will take time to provide you some pictures.. but I saw that when it was 2 of my friends laptop (1 just brought a new laptop with FCU Windows 10 & other one he upgraded his windows to FCU and I was optimizing both of the laptop and removing windows bloats, etc..) :) , I expect anyone who got FCU can reproduce this behavior and see it by your self.

I know that maybe I said it before on other posts but I will say it again here.. I'm a control freak so I don't like anything happens or done behind my back :) so my own laptop runs fully according to my rule, to my interest, to my command.

My own quote:- If you know it... you control it :) , If you don't know what is happening... then how you gonna control it... right? :)

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Micro$haft wanna be sure their own low powered Surface trash is able to run it. The OS is more and more designed for low end. And soon we will see more of Soldered phone processors in notebooks. They have to prepare the OS for what’s coming!!

Vasudev and THEBOSS619 like this.
  9. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    You know this is so hilarious, This is caused by NVIDIA, Intel and Microsoft, there seems to be a conflict.

And who is the one attempting to fix this?

INTEL, The same company that has it's hand full of it's biggest disaster yet, namely meltodwn + spectre, actually heard our outcries and is attempting to fix this, while microsoft and NVIDIA blame each other and do nothing. Intel actually reached out to NVIDIA and wanted to work something out for us.

Big props to intel for this.

10. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Do you have proof that Intel actually working on a fix that is entirely Nvidia's fault.