Microlags Fix

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Danishblunt, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    So since the new Fall Update windows causes microlags when I open any application. If i open firefox for instance it would lag for 0.5 second then launch the app, same goes for anything else, apparently this is something lots of people experience.

Anyone got an idea what is causing this mess?
    Windows is running on a Samsung Evo 840 SSD 250GB firmware is up to date.

Maybe @Phoenix knows something since he seems to be working a lot on fixes and optimizations.

SSD has been tested, is in good condition and didn't cause microlag when doing the test, so I'm 100% positive it's not the SSD.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Funny how you mention this the same time I was posting this: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-10.762434/page-457#post-10668564

This Windows 10 is horrible man with this FCU. The worst build ever! I only realized this when I installed the first build of Windows build 10240 and realized how snappy my computer is. Unfortunately, it was a failed attempt as all the drivers are different.

did you install the latest Samsung NVMe Driver v2.3? Maybe I'll login to your taptop one day and tweak it for you, you will be shocked when you see how many background things I'd disable, like task scheduler stuff, telemetry, feedback, the list can go on forever

Also, did you try this: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...xes-index-post-1.779394/page-55#post-10666250

Vasudev likes this.
  3. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    Currently the Spectre protection is off due to the microcode not being able to support it just yet, since Prema warned haswell users about the fix literally killing CPU's I decided to run without it for now. Yeah I'm aware, the FCU somehow managed to be even worse than the first CU, which is hard in itself. So bravo Microsoft *clap* *clap*

Vasudev likes this.
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Well the only thing left is for me to tweak your laptop, now I only do this for HIDevolution Gaming Team Members but you're an MSI Gaming Team member so I can make an exception for you since you're my friend. Just let me get out of this mess that I made today by trying to install an earlier build. I will PM you soon *if* you want the tweaks that is.

Vasudev likes this.
  5. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    Well the hilarious part is actually my MSI notebook doesn't suffer from this issue, It's my Clevo being a troll right now. I can't help but feel, that this is going to be some stupid clevo driver problem.

Also you can try and see what you can do, however my OS is on danish so I doubt you'll have an easy time applying your fixes.

6. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Oh we can figure it out. You will convert yourself into a translator :eek: and teach me Danish

7. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd i figured it out.

Now how I'm supposed to fix this is going to be hiarious. So the reason these microlags happen are because of optimus. Why my system demands to turn the 1060 on for rightclicking my desktop or using firefox will be a complete utter riddle for me which I don't think anybody will be able to figure out.

What the **** Windows. Are you being serious right now. Also why the frigg do you lag when turning my other card on. I'll reinstall the NVIDIA drivers for now.

Once you did the tweaks,I'll try and see how much it actually did compared to "stock".

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  8. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  9. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    If you system isn't set for or has Optimus driver has has a history of sketchy performance.

10. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    Well no, it's a windows related problem. As you can see on the 2 links I posted a lot of people face this very issue.

It was fixed before Fall update, but apparently came back thanks to microsoft. Tested on external harddrive + windows 7, no lags.