Metro Exodus devs threaten to discontinue Metro on PC if Epic Games sales flop

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by hmscott, Feb 3, 2019.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Go right ahead, and please post your experience here on NBR. :)

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I might, but I usually don't buy new games. I wait for them to drop to $25 or less before I open my wallet. I waited for Far Cry 5 to hit $15 (last week or so) as an example. That's almost always my modus operandi. Paying $50-60 (or more) for a new game is a joke and a total ripoff IMHO. Once in a great while I will make an exception. I think Crysis 3 was the last time I paid full retail to get it on launch day, and only because it is my favorite game franchise. I was planning to pay full price for the latest COD, until I found out that it had no single-player campaign. Since it does not, I will most likely never purchase it at any price (including free).

I like Steam because it is convenient. But, more than half of the stuff on this list that is touted as a "benefit" to Steam is utterly worthless and unimportant to me. The one thing I value most is having only one platform for the sake of convenience. I know some people care about all of the social networking features, but I have no use for most of them. Cloud saves and library sorting are the only two features that I find a great deal of value in having.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  3. hmscott

Reputations:
    Yup, also Steam didn't get hacked and compromise 80 million user accounts, as well as sell or leak email accounts which now get SPAM and malware emails - not long after signing up for the first time. :)

I also don't usually buy a 1st day or pre-order release - which is why I am on the outs for a Steam copy - and really I don't care enough about the first days usually, except for multiplayer heavy releases, so waiting a year isn't all that atypical for me to get a new release - waiting for a good Steam sale is fun too.

It really pisses me off when a business arrangement like this gets screwed over by a partner, and even though I am patient with foreign involvement as they have a different "ethic" when it comes to business - you need to be firm with them as to your own expectations and help them to understand when they've pushed things past acceptable - I have a nice straight talk with them and remind them of the benefits of long term relationships.

But, sometimes you are required to demonstrate your respect with firm resolve, and friendly acceptance when they come back rapidly in trouble at some point - sometimes a little longer than others - without a penalty, showing you are respectful of both decisions, to leave and to come back.

It's a wild world out there and to help each other tame it is just part of life. :)

4. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    hmscott and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. NuclearLizard

NuclearLizard Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well boys, Looks like next year everything is gonna be on origin. Rip gaming.

Attached Files:

Vistar Shook and hmscott like this.
  6. hmscott

Reputations:
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    cj_miranda23 likes this.
  7. hmscott

Reputations:
  8. NuclearLizard

NuclearLizard Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Oh I know. I was just being cheeky. I have quiet a few games on origin myself.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Tapatalk

hmscott likes this.
  9. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    One of them could be that incident when Valve banned a lot of people on Steam with legit HL2 keys, back when HL2 was just released.

... I can't even...
    Why do you post this cancer...

*looks at user signature*
    *sees RTX 2080Ti*
    Wait, what?

I think it was though. At least I remember I changed my Steam password at least once, due to some news of mass hacking. It was a few years ago, 3-4, maybe more, maybe around the time of those mass PS4 hacks. Need to check the Internet, see if anything comes up...

Mr. Fox and hmscott like this.
  10. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mind elaborating....

hmscott likes this.