Metro Exodus devs threaten to discontinue Metro on PC if Epic Games sales flop

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by hmscott, Feb 3, 2019.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    So it's like PlayStation Plus. Don't feel like signing up for another subscription service, so I'll probably pass on this one.

An "update" (if you can call it that) on the S3 situation: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2536393

As I said in my comment on the page, there's not much for them to discuss. They simply need to provide the Steam keys that have been advertised since the launch of the campaign. At this point, I wouldn't even really care if I didn't get a physical disc for PC, as long as I can play it on the platform I paid for.

Well before this change was announced, I had signed up for an Epic account. Well, not any more.

Capture.JPG

cucubits, killkenny1 and hmscott like this.
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    A true Shenmue III fan expresses his EPIC disappointment...I can relate to his pain...

Shenmue 3 is now an Epic Games Store exclusive: Do you know where refunds hangout?
    It'sAGundam
    Published on Jun 11, 2019

Heads up, there is now a Steam Community for EPIC rants:
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/NoExclusiveGames

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    cucubits likes this.
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    In an amazing turn of events, PC backers unhappy with the EPIC "Shanghai" of Shenmue 3 will be able to get switched to PS4, or both a EGS and a Steam Key for PC, or get a full refunds for Shenmue 3. Details are still being worked out, see below.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2553891

"...
    Response Policy

The team would like to offer the following:

Version Availability

a. PC Physical: Package (Disc) + EGS Key

b. PC Digital: EGS Key

c. PS4 Physical: Package (Disc)

d. PS4 Digital: PSN Voucher Code

*If selecting either the PC Physical or PC Digital version, an option to also receive a Steam key one year later will be available. Backers must manually select this option in the survey to receive the Steam key.

**If you had previously selected PC and want to change to PS4 or vice versa, you may do so.
    Concerning Refunds

Along with Deep Silver and Epic Games, we have agreed that should the above proposal not be acceptable to backers, refund requests will be honored.

Details concerning the refund request process will be announced in a following update. We ask for your patience until that time.

*In the case rewards within your reward tier, such as in-game content, have already been created and implemented, a full refund may not be possible."

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    NuclearLizard likes this.
  4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    hmscott I suppose this should be a private message however I was wondering if you could teach me how to properly search the interent so I can help NBR as a whole, and maybe help more people out besides recommending laptops to people...your insight is out of this world and I have no Idea how you do it...I just did a genius IQ test And I got all the questions right it was through an australian newspaper. So I have potential, however I never seem to apply myself, I'm always lazily carrying out tasks and duties. sometimes people can have great potential but never exploit their strengths.