MAX 17 vs. Origin EVO17 vs. Aero 17

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by deweydog, Jul 5, 2020.

1. deweydog

deweydog Newbie

Reputations:
    i'm about to drop more money than i should on a laptop, but am on it 10+ hours a day and generate some of my income while online so it feels justified in replacing my 4 y/o samsung. i know what specs and components i want so don't need help with that. i'm interested in hearing opinions about the feel, dependability, durability, and customer service of the respective manufacturers. i'm in alaska, have never seen any of these units in person, have nowhere to go to actually hold and use these machines to see which one feels best in my hands, and mailing one back to get glitches fixed is more burdensome than most other places. i've exhausted my online search of comparisons between the 3 models. if you own one of these- do you like it, specifically the keyboard and trackpad? would you buy it again? is there something(s) you really don't like about it? does it feel well-made and that there was attention paid to the details? perhaps most importantly- does it feel worth the cost you paid?

at the moment, if i had to rank my perception of them it'd go: 1 - evo17; 2 - max 17; 3- aero 17. if someone put a gun to my head and forced me to place the order at this moment i'd probably go with the origin, but the max 17 is not far behind mostly because i perceive the chassis to be more durable and would be the unit that would ship the soonest. i'd considered a custom sager/clevo, but from what i gather it would take the longest to receive.

fwiw: i'm not a gamer; the laptop will likely never leave the house; glitchy-ness drives me nuts, unresponsive customer service even more so.

hope you're all having a great weekend.