Matt Damon Rips Palin

Discussion in 'Everything Political' started by INEEDMONEY, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LIVEFRMNYC

LIVEFRMNYC Blah Blah Blah!!!

Reputations:
    But politicians give answers cause they are good liars. Palin is not even intelligent to make up a lie.

2. Bog

Bog Losing it...

Reputations:
    This was an interesting and disappointing debate at the same time...

Interesting in that, anyone who understood the debate topics could see that Biden maimed Palin on a number of issues... the war, McCain's similarity to Bush, the economy, climate change, etc.

But at the same time I was disappointed that Biden didn't cut through Palin's BS; as the experts say, she can put forward an argument without knowing anything about the topic. If thats not BS, then I don't know what is. Biden should have been more sharp and critical; he should have directly attacked Palin's inexperience, reasons for diverging with 99% of the scientific community on climate change, and her ridiculous notions on creationism and foreign policy. Palin is such an easy target that Biden should have literally shredded her and made her cry.

3. LIVEFRMNYC

LIVEFRMNYC Blah Blah Blah!!!

Reputations:
    Yea, Bog I agree. He shouldn't have been so lenient on her. There were moments when he was even laughing at her cause she got names confused but didn't call her out on it.

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Everything in Moderation

Reputations:
    Palin did reasonably well. She certainly helped herself. But I don't believe she helped McCain much.

5. Bog

Bog Losing it...

Reputations:
    I posted an article in this sub-forum earlier written by Sam Harris, one of my favourite philosophers. I really recommend that people read it here.

Yeah, as I was reading the live feed, I was becoming increasingly frustrated with Biden's style. Although I think he won the debate, he could have even won the whole **** campaign if he'd just been willing to state some unpleasant facts about Palin. Its a real shame.

6. surfasb

surfasb Titles Shmm-itles

Reputations:
    If Biden goes on the offense against Palin, it could backfire. For one, women will see it as bullying tactics. Two, the Republicans have an excuse to bring up Biden's own gaffes.

It is a risk and he might be better off just letting the media spin this on its own. He loses no points and can save his ammo for Mccain.

7. bmwrob

bmwrob Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    He makes his fair share of gaffes, but I wouldn't say they're stupid. Off-the-cuff sometimes, he "misspeaks" to use a phrase politicians often use to cover up silly comments. Is he boring? Hell no! You never know what Biden might say next. Biden's an intelligent guy who likes the sound of his own voice and sometimes doesn't know when to shut the hell up - pretty much like most career politicians, IMO. LOL

I think he did very well tonight, btw, as did Palin, much to my surprise.

Edit - @surfasb: I thought Biden reined himself in tonight; he didn't allow himself to be drawn in by Palin's attempts to attack him. Seemed that he just ignored her at those times, and instead, went after McCain and Bush. He acted like a gentleman and probably surprised most viewers. lol

8. surfasb

surfasb Titles Shmm-itles

Reputations:
    That's exactly what Biden needed to do. Biden would be mistaken to shine the light on Palin. Serious guys. Ask a woman how effective is it to go after a man by attacking his wife. That's exactly the response people will give seeing Biden go after Palin.

Really, Biden's job as a long winded and ammo happy shooter is to go after McCain and the Bush Administration. Palin did a good job of taking the spotlight away from Biden and focusing it back on the issues, like taxes, energy and economy. Biden is just an attack dog.

It shouldn't be a surprise Palin would do well. The format favors the more inexperienced debater. And that it should be no surprise in a straight up one on one exchange, the experienced politician Biden would make Palin look bad. And he would look bad doing it. But Palin has more to gain with a structured format, since she has had less face time with the cameras.

This debates are won or lost in a single moment. I can't wait to see who delivers the knockout punch. Or maybe it will be who will eat their foot first.

9. Bog

Bog Losing it...

Reputations:
    Are there more debates to be had?

10. yoyo1299

yoyo1299 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I wouldn't trust youtube.... videos are easily manipulated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.