MALIBAL Reviews

Discussion in 'Reseller Feedback Forum' started by aduy, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MALIBAL

MALIBAL Company Representative

Reputations:
    It says right on your tracking number, that there was an exception on your shipment and UPS has taken corrective action and that's why it wasn't delivered on Friday. The package was shipped on Thursday as we stated.

Also, as we stated - we called yesterday and spent 35 minutes on the phone with UPS in order to try and get them to upgrade the package to Overnight with Saturday Delivery. It wasn't easy, but we finally managed to get a supervisor to locate the package and make this adjustment. Call UPS again and give them your tracking number and ask them if they see the note on the shipment where it was upgraded to Overnight with Saturday Delivery by Larry.

Also, we called UPS today and asked them why the package wasn't being delivered on Saturday as promised, and they said it was mistakenly put in a batch of packages being delivered on Tuesday, so they are going to refund the shipping costs, since they failed to delivery on time. This will also be indicated on your tracking number in the near future, so you can see that what we are saying is the truth.

UPS won't issue a refund unless the package isn't delivered by a guaranteed date. If we had shipped it Overnight on Friday as you indicated... then delivery on Tuesday would be on time, since that is one business day - which means they wouldn't issue a refund. However, they are issuing a refund - because delivery on Tuesday will be two business days since it shipped on Thursday.

2. DrAtomic

DrAtomic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    [statement withdrawn, apologies all. order was A-OK]

3. MALIBAL

Reputations:
    What does it mean when my tracking status says that I've experienced an exception?

If you receive a message that your shipment has experienced an exception, then check the Shipment or Package Progress section in Tracking or Quantum View® Manage for details about changes in delivery schedule. An exception occurs when a package or shipment encounters an unforeseen event, which could result in a change to the expected delivery day. Examples of exception include: address unknown, damage to shipment, or signature not received.

As I stated, if we shipped it Overnight on Friday, then Tuesday would be the expected delivery date. However, since the original delivery date was Friday... UPS will issue a refund since they failed to deliver on time.

Also, it says right on the tracking number that the delivery date has been updated.

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
    Tuesday, 01/03/2012, by 10:30 A.M.

4. DrAtomic

DrAtomic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This will i guess in time clear it all up. A confusing and agonizing situation for me i hope you understand. just a helluva month, with 3 shipping dates missed and 1 rma. :( thanks for your time

5. JsCoolDart

JsCoolDart Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So... I've read through every page on this thread, and every post on http://www.resellerratings.com/store/view/MALIBAL as well and I guess I have come to the conclusion that-
    1) Customer service can be very bad, as there is one bad rep in there.
    2) GPU's may be defective [causes: shipping damage; its just being 'bad'].
    3) Malibal does not check its devices or test it for damage before shipping.
    4) Wrong parts can be given pre sales, or even if laptop is sent in for repairs under warranty.
    So, is it still a good brand to buy from? The reason I am actually wanting to buy from Malibal is because it offers
    1) Customizable GPU's
    2) Really good prices
    3) Somewhat decent customer service
    Am I right? Please let me know whoever owns a Malibal laptop. So far, my experience has been good, and customer care has been fabulous, but what are your current opinions? I really need to know as I do not want to buy a bad laptop, and also because the resellers in India are pretty bad [and dumb]... Please let me know with your feedback. Thanks in advance. :D

6. MALIBAL

Reputations:
    1) No, our customer service is never bad. We have 0 complaints with the BBB in 7 years... that is the indicator of how well we take care of our customers. A one star review doesn't mean anything, when people are allowed to make vague, unsubstantiated claims. If anyone ever had a real complaint against us - they could take it to the BBB, but as you can see - we've never had a real complaint filed against us.

Also, Resellerratings.com is a horrible company, and I encourage everyone to boycott them. We stopped using their paid services a couple months ago and look at what it has turned into. We have tried to leave a review about our experience with them, but they have blocked their own site from being reviewed: Resellerratings.com Reviews - resellerratings.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

2) Any part can be defective on a laptop, that's why there is a warranty - and as I have stated, we have ZERO complaints with the BBB, which means that no customer has ever complained about not getting the warranty they paid for.

3) All systems are fully tested before shipment. However, sometimes - unfortunately - damage can occur in shipping. But our customers do not have to worry - because if this ever happens, we have a 100% Quality Assurance Guarantee (outlined in my sig) which means that they will get a Brand New replacement at no extra cost.

4) In the past 5 months, there have been a couple mistakes made on parts that were corrected at no cost to the customer and since then, we have implemented another layer of verification in production to ensure that these mistakes do not ever happen again.

7. chishifu

chishifu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello from a first time poster!

I'm looking into the P151HM1 and was hoping to get a couple questions answered as it seems your customer center is closed today.

Firstly, are there any free shipping promotions currently ongoing? And do you have any sort of student discounts available? Having read through a ton of reviews and discussions about these clevo notebooks, I'm definitely leaning towards going with Malibal as opposed to xoticpc.

Thanks!

8. MALIBAL

Reputations:
    Hi Chrishifu, after you have 5 posts - you can send us a PM and we'll discuss our discounts with you. Thanks. :)

9. Vedya

Vedya There Is No Substitute...

Reputations:
    After reading through some of the recent comments in the Resellerratings page, I was very taken aback. The experience that those users had reported is vastly different than the one I had with Malibal. Resellerratings is reliable to an extent. However, past a certain point, you have to take their reviews with a grain of salt. There is no way to verify that those people have purchased a notebook from Malibal, and have met with the malicious customer service that they claim to have met with.

I know what bad customer service is, as I was formerly a customer of PC Microworks (now out of business), and I can assure you that Malibal is much different. To claim that they "sell defective GPUs, dont check their devices, give out bad parts" based of the resellerrating reviews is outlandish. 95% of customers here on NBR are satisfied with their purchase here, and the 5% aren't mostly because of shipping/order time (which is understandable to an extent).

As a customer who has enjoyed doing business with them, I feel like it is my duty to stand up for them in lieu of the aforementioned accusations.

10. boukyaku

boukyaku Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    1) It doesn't matter what company you go to, there will be good and bad reps, or all good reps but one may be having a bad day, etc.
    2) Again, there's a certain percentage of GPU's that will be defective no matter who you go to.
    3) I've read multiple times that there's some in-house testing of the machines before they go out.
    4) This can happen with anyone.

I may write a review of my laptop since I don't see one with a 95% matte screen with Linux. So far, it has been a month and I've had no problems with the laptop. It's running very smoothly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.