Major problem on new Asus k75vm with ssd

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nikolatesla, Sep 2, 2012.

1. K.LIFE

K.LIFE Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello there,

Just for info that I'm a ASUS K75VM user in HongKong, I've got the problem with my 2 new install SATA III 6GB/s Hitachi TravelStar (7mm) 2.5" 500GB 7200rpm), both HDD are unstable and fail to install Windows7, so I change to another SATA 2 3GB/s WD 2.5" 5400rpm HDD and working fine no problem at all, now I'm sure the chipset is non-stable with SATA III 6GB/s device even SSD & HDD, I hope the coming new bios will solve the problem, but I'm already use the latest BIOS 225(Upgrade from ASUS support centre and not yet release now) and still not fix the problem.

2. WARNAC

WARNAC Newbie

Reputations:
    Answer of Asus

We do not provide support for hardware upgrades on our notebooks.
    This means that we cannot provide any information about this.

Our notebooks are complete systems, if you want to upgrade the hardware you can do this on your own accordance without our help.
    This because you are changing our configuration into something we didnt provide and havent tested.

3. nipsen

nipsen Notebook Ditty

Reputations:
    Holy *******ing ******. They really did it. They've turned into Apple. Too bad they're still paying for features they're not using, while having assets they're not taking advantage of. But hey - that's how the industry works, I guess.

4. WARNAC

WARNAC Newbie

Reputations:
  5. xixou

xixou Newbie

Reputations:
    I confirm, it is the K75VM.
    Works fine for weeks now.

6. Jaca

Jaca Newbie

Reputations:
  7. not0811

not0811 Newbie

Reputations:
    I was planning too to buy this Asus laptop for using it with a SSD (in the second drive bay), Just one question though: did anybody tried using the SSD with SATA3 in the FIRST drive bay and moving the HDD to the second drive bay? Just curios...

8. trivun

trivun Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I have ASUS K75vm and installed sandisk ssd 120 extreme, and had same problem. I found out that i have to wait about 1 minut before reboot the system and that is solution which I am useing.

I didn't know why is this happening, but find it in Intell:

2. When an ODD is in the Zero Power state, some ODDs may disappear when a hardware re-scan is initiated via the Windows Device Manager. A second hardware re-scan conducted before the Zero Power Idle Timeout value is reached (default is 60s) will return the drive to an OS visible state. This behavior is believed to be related to the length of time an ODD requires to become ready during power on from the zero-power state.

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology

After my system is up and running, my sandisk ssd windows score is 7.9, and processor Intel i7 3610 has 7.8 :mad:

Regards,

Trivun

9. romanp

romanp Newbie

Reputations:
    When I bought my K75VM I wasn't interested in SSDs, because I wasn't intending to invest more money. But when I saw the system booting slow I began to search for SSDs (just out of curiosity)... then surprise, found this and other pages. So, I wrote my own message to ASUS support and their reply was that the laptop has only sata 1 controller and that SSD sata 3 will not work. What do you make of this reply?

10. xixou

xixou Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I tried with an SSD sata 3, I can confirm they are not working with the laptop k75vm (bay 1 and 2).
    Stick to sata2 ssd.