Major Battery Issues Plague Razer Laptops

Discussion in 'Razer' started by signer, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Dennismungai

Dennismungai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Precisely. My older (and sold off) MSI GS43VR-6RE and the current Asus GM501GS-XS74 have both taken this route, all in under an year of daily use.
    I'll be contacting @Donald@HIDevolution soon to arrange for the purchase and replacement of the battery on the ASUS.

From experience (and it could be with an isolated case,take this with a grain of salt), *if* your laptop does not offer controls on battery charging thresholds, such as Clevo's touted "FlexiCharger", expect the battery to last you at most 18 months. Deep charging cycles have a way of wrecking Lithium Ion batteries.

The (now revived) P751DM2-G's battery, according to AIDA64, has a wear level of only 5%. This is a machine I've used (almost) daily since November 2017, and always with the "FlexiCharger" setting enabled. The much newer P775TM1-R, an EVOC chassis bought somewhere in 2018 has not seen any wear in battery usage as I've also enabled FlexiCharger on it from day 1.

Terreos and Papusan like this.
  2. Dennismungai

Dennismungai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    *Flips the entire universe*

So Azor expects a user to *ahem* "upgrade" storage by what, sticking in a 512+GB SD card?
    Whatever blunts Dell's engineers are on are really effective.
    This isn't even backward thinking, its' plain self sabotage.

Papusan and Muezick like this.
  3. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Battery wear isnt equal to bloating of the battery. Also in other manufacturers machines it is rare for bloat to occur on a large scale and if it does, it warrants a recall in most cases (like what Dell did for the XPS series).

Most larger Clevo laptops use cells instead of polymer pouches still if I recall correctly so those dont have issues anyway when it comes to bloat. MSI and Asus sell for many models 10 times (and sometimes even much more) as much more laptops than Razer does but the noises regarding this are far lower.

Terreos likes this.
  4. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Razer really has a hush hush nature to the way they do business. They like taking jabs at Apple with how their machines have ports like a Pro machine should and ignore any issue they have with the machine. It really feels like they live in the Stone Age and don’t realize this is the day and age where if someone has a bad experience it’s on Twitter. Honestly I don’t know how they keep not addressing issues and stay in business?

Joikansai likes this.
  5. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Because they make sweet sexy lappy, just like girls they’re sexy, cute etc but inside are maybe dangerous. So I paid for the looks first maybe:D
    Some Razer Laptops cost more livers money that those laptops so buyer might be louder, since they lose a lot their organ bucks.

Terreos likes this.
  6. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Oh so that’s all I need to get a cute girl is it? o_O

7. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    ...And convenient to use;)...With a bit power, everyone has different taste though:D

Terreos likes this.
  8. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    In general they are priced around the same. There isnt tht much of a variety when it coems to thin n light laptop pricing. If there was a 1000euro difference you might had a case.

But an MSI GS65 at the time that I bought my Blade 15 2019 was 50 euro more expensive, Triton 100 euro cheaper. Alienware 200 more expensive, Asus didnt had its model out yet.

9. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The userbase is just a tad too small to attract a lot of mainstream attention with. Other brands get picked up by large media outlets.