Macrium Reflect Installation/Usage Guide

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, May 11, 2017.

1. Vost-Host

Vost-Host Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I cannot seem to get the "add recovery boot menu options" to show up... I made sure I downloaded the PE components and still get nothing. Do I check the box for viboot when I install? Also, does the initial install need to be on the C: drive or can it be on D:? I know my backup image will be saved on D:, but wasn'f sure if the initial install should be where it is defaulted to C:

2. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    It is now under Create Rescue Media but instead of choosing Create Recovery USB Disk there is an option to add the boot menu option.

It doesn't matter where you install Macrium Reflect, I always install it on C: though and create the backup image on D:

In fact, all my programs are installed on C: and the Games are installed on D: (that includes Steam, Origin, UPlay, if you install the apps on D:, then the game installs will default to D:)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Vost-Host likes this.
  3. lucirz

lucirz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yea i noticed that macrium reflect had trouble imaging my laptop disk with some bad sectors...But PAragon disk manager was able to do it nicely

jaug1337 likes this.
  4. Vost-Host

Reputations:
  5. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    I will later. Meanwhile, give me your TeamViewer ID/Pass lemme login to your laptop and show you how to do it.

Vost-Host likes this.
  6. Vost-Host

Reputations:
    Damn, blew the opportunity for the man himself to set my **** up! I ended up figuring it out after some research and getting everything dialed in, but certainly appreciate the offer. After all the tweaks, I created the backup images per your guides and I'm now proceeding to install an antivirus and all the extra/personal programs, TeamViewer, etc. Still would love to have you hop on and scope it out at some point to see if I did everything correctly if you wouldn't mind. Also, in the clean install guide you recommend NOD32, but in a more recent posting I see you recommend Avast (along with a nice setup guide). Which one should I go with?

7. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    I recommend 3 Antivirus only now

1) Norton Antivirus Basic, simple AV with no bloatware that is super secure and light
    2) Avast Antivirus, great AV, super light as well, but full of bloatware if you don't do a custom install
    3) NOD32 Antivirus, I don't highly recommend it anymore as its HTTP scanner slows down my internet and cripples my VPN but it's good otherwise. Not for me though.

I will PM you now to do a few final touches on your machine

8. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I fix it for yoo:) None should support Malware company:vbthumbsup:Free or paid doesn't matter:hi:

9. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
  10. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is there a best practice if you want to backup 2 drives. I have C: drive with OS and drivers and the D: drive is where I install all apps and utilities.

I want to back them both up as they are just now so I don't need to set it all up again, just need to know whether I clone/image them together or as separate drives.