Macrium Reflect Installation/Usage Guide

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, May 11, 2017.

1. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    nope. you need the paid version but I never use that.

I install Windows, setup all my preferences / tweaks then make a first image called Windows

Then I install all my drivers, apps, etc. then I make another image called ALL_OK and I'm done

If things go wrong, I just got back to the 2nd image (ALL_OK). If I want to go to a fresh clean slate to install perhaps updated drivers, then I go back to the first image (Windows)

that's all you need

2. crusher88

crusher88 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i know but i was looking for something that makes an " all ok" image for me every day so like with many incremental backups and things like that.. i always forget..

3. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    Then buy the full fledged version or I can sell you my Home Edition license for 50% off as I don't use it anymore

crusher88 likes this.
  4. Avé César

Avé César Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I made a clone with Macrium reflect off my windows 10 fromm the internal SSD, to a HDD external, i did some mistakes since on my OS, how can i clone back from HDD external to the SSD in my pc ?

If i try to do it, If i try to boot on the external hard drive (my clone ), windows doesn't boot, even i change the priority in the bios. I thought i could boot on it, and clone it to the SSD in my pc. My apologies for being a noob for cloning restore, i'm stuck...

Edit : I folllow your guide Ultra Male, but couldn't find in others task/add recovery boot menu options...

I created an image of the External DD (the clone of my SSD, i made ) and try to copy in the pc....

Edit 2 : I manage to implement on my SSD an image from the external Drive, it works, but at the 1st boot, got a screen prompt with an error. Turn off the pc, switch off, eject my external drive and boot again, works after... Thx Ultra Male for the guide/video.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  5. Avé César

Reputations:
    Sry for asking and tag you, @Ultra Male , I would like to ask you, when we disable the boot time (10 sec. like in your video ) if later we can't boot on windows (bug, crash...), does the system propose you to boot on the Macrium environment , if not, how can we boot on it, for install an image saved with Macrium ?

( I looked into the bios but couldn't find a way to select it )

6. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    I disable the boot options menu completely and I have a Macrium Reflect Rescue Disk USB. If something really bad happens that I can't boot into Windows to restore any image, I simply pop in that USB Rescue Disk, boot off it, and bam, I'm in the Macrium Reflect environment where I do a restoration by manually browsing to where I had saved the image.

7. Avé César

Reputations:
    crap, I create it on the C:\

(as in the video ) lol

8. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
  9. Vost-Host

Vost-Host Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can you store both images (i.e. Windows & ALL OK) on the same partition? I have my OS on C and created a D partition for the backup image. Can I save both images here?

10. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    Why not? Offcourse what you can and that's what I do

Papusan likes this.