Macbook screen DIES when opening lid: Apple provides NO FIX!

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by hmscott, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yup, I have been hearing of similar fragile Macbook complaints for quite a while:

jim-bromyard Oct 6, 2017 2:48 AM in response to drtimothy
    "I bought a new macbook pro in April and about 3 weeks in it slid very gently from a low sofa onto a carpeted floor. The screen broke. It cost me £700 to have it fixed. Macbook is now so fragile I am very nervous of traveling with it, which is what a notebook is supposed to be for! I dont think I will buy Apple again, after 15 years, since Steve Jobs went its been going downhill all the way..."

DEFiiNov 26, 2017 8:26 AM in response to drtimothy
    "I just stumbled onto this thread as I tried to explain the same strange phenomenon with my 13” 2016 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. Just last week, I was cleaning the screen - gentle wipes with a soft cloth. There was no significant pressure applied. And suddenly the screen cracked in the same area. I have since dispatched it Apple, with the expectation that it will be covered under my Apple Care plan. I have been a Mac user since 2003, and have owned Apple laptops since that time. This has never happened with any previous generation PowerBook or MacBook. This is a first. The fragility surprised me, and troubles me since I travel overseas frequently."

kojack, Papusan and Ultra Male like this.
  3. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I love my little dell machines. They do everything I need them to, for 1/4 the cost of a MacBook, and I can just toss them in a bag and go not worrying about getting the, dented or broken.

hmscott likes this.
  4. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Things like this makes me refuse to buy a macbook even though a lot of my clients want the work to be done in Sketch which is only available for Mac. Current Macbooks are just so poorly designed, screen ribbon cable failures, keyboards are still failing, overheating and stuff like this.

hmscott, kojack and Ultra Male like this.
  5. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Do you clients manipulate the work after you handle it? if not, use what you want to get the job done, and they will get over you NOT using a certain piece of software. The end result is all that matters. How many times have I been asked why don't you use mac for you photo / video work. I respond because it's junk! ha ha. They look at me weird, and I just show them why my cheap dell 2 in 1 mops the floor with their expensive aluminum dung heap.

hmscott likes this.