MacBook Pro 16” 2019

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by iMbaQ, Nov 12, 2019.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    beg to differ but ok. Guess the reality distortion filter on your macbook is set to incinerate. Oh, before you come on here and claim I’m an Apple “hater”. I’m responding to you on my 2018 iPad 128gb LTE. So, no I’m not an Apple hater, just a great judge of bull.

2. reptileexperts

reptileexperts Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Send me a blender render. Let’s run numbers unplugged? My workflow time was reduced significantly going from my 9570 that failed constantly to the Mac. Again. I can back all my statements. You have produced nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    yes your xps failed 4 times, your other xps failed 3 times . Just remember when you shiny new MacBook drops out to come here and post about it. But the kool aid prevents that. I don’t need to “produce” anything. Your need to defend says everything.

4. slind

slind Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Currently running an MBP 16 in Bootcamp. It's the i9 2,4 5500m 32GB version that they have available besides the two base configs in store. I disabled Turbo Boost with Throttle stop and just noticed that while only playing League of Legends, the battery (!) drained. It's the orig. 96W power supply. I find it hard to beiieve that this is working as intended. Anyone else noticed something similar? Went from 100% down to 93 and stayed there.

DaMafiaGamer likes this.
  5. DaMafiaGamer

DaMafiaGamer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Mine does this too, the gpu can use up to 80w on load. And as you know the cpu uses around 15-20w without turbo boost already maxing out the psu. It happens to my MacBook Pro 16 too even with an egpu plugged in! This laptop would ideally need a 200w psu to run everything at full load, of course it isn’t portable at that wattage though.

6. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The charger can apparently supply like 103 Watts at peak, having read a review somewhere possibly Notebookcheck but it makes sense that if at full tilt on GPU/CPU it can drain the battery despite being on the charger. I know some gaming laptops do the same.

I took mine to the Apple store after intermittent packet drops and like 10-15 dBm lower signal than just about every other laptop in my home, low and behold every display model at the Apple store had better signal and they wanted to keep my unit to test for 5 days but I’ve decided I’m just gonna exchange it, fortunately they have my spec unit and mine was bought on Nov 17 so I’m lucky to be in the 60 day holiday exchange/return period.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    DaMafiaGamer likes this.
  7. DaMafiaGamer

Reputations:
    Returned my laptop because of WiFi issues too. Strange isn’t it! A 3k+ laptop having WIFI ISSUES!!! Apple quality control is lackluster, what’s happening their laptops used to be reliable. Something to go to, even with all the throttling mess!

Aivxtla likes this.
  8. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    the new MacBook Pro doesn’t throttle, its magically perfect. You are just using it wrong. Ha ha.

what’s really happening is that MacBooks were never better than anything else, they were just so hyped, and crowed about by blind loyalists that even when issues did arise they were dismissed or swept under the rug in the name of defending the fruit. Not the case anymore since more people moved to Apple from other brands and realizing their mistake and waste of hard earn cash on overhyped, inferior product.

jclausius and DaMafiaGamer like this.
  9. DaMafiaGamer

Reputations:
    The only reason I’m sticking with it is because of a few things: portability, chassis design, sound quality (better than much thicker gaming laptops, looking at the gt75...), amazing screen and lastly airdrop. Who knew copying over movies and songs over airdrop was so quick. It’s a lifesaver! (If you have an iPhone)

10. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The only one I agree with is airdrop. The rest can be had in cheaper better windows options.