MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2016) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Mobius 1, Nov 3, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Perhaps the one thing I keep forgetting is that people who are full engaged within the Apple life cycle are people who don't upgrade all that often when in comparison to people who are in the PC or Razer Life cycle. If you don't upgrade as often spending an additional 400-500 isn't all that bad, but it's rough on people who are trying to enter into the life-cycle or who have considered leaving the life-cycle. As Mobius has dropped just under 4,500 that's a very steep price admission for a newcomer. However, someone who is fully engaged within Apple Products it's perhaps not as bad.

In short it's possible that the comparisons have been made wrong like we've been comparing it to Razer this Razer that, but fully engaged apple loyalists (People like iJustine) it's probably not as bad however it does appear to make some people question their brand loyalty and jump ship, if they will or if they won't still remains to be seen. It's a very interesting time right now for Apple, and not just because of their products it'll be interesting to see what the brand-loyalists do and if Apple retains them, loses them, or the craziness of dare I say, Gain More?

Time will tell :)

2. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:

I've used a 2008 MB though, the first "unibody" model.

3. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I like this guys review and I trust it and believe him to be a very similar to user to myself and his opinions/views are almost identical to my own. And based on what he's saying Mobius all I have to say is Ouch... Happy Thanksgiving btw....

Here you go:

steberg and ThePerfectStorm like this.
  4. Mobius 1

Reputations:

oh hey, eurocom has a 6700K/1070/32GB tornado F5 for 1900 shipped

[​IMG]

5. iunlock

iunlock 7980XE @ 5.4GHz

Reputations:
    Yea I agree...D2D (Dave) is the man when it comes to reviews. His content and quality is Top Notch.

No sugar coating, No BS, Simple, Clean, Professional, Straight to the Point and Accurate. - What every buyer needs.

6. Assembler

Assembler Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I do not know the guy of this review but he tell's another story regarding performance (especially Adope Premiere Pro).

7. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't trust that guy anymore, the reason why is because he's receiving alot of free products and thus he isn't really honest he's biased in fact. Don't believe me? Watch his nice video that he just sent here where he GIVES away this macbook to another kid. He gave it away, lol so yea he's funded and thus you're getting biased reviews. He's out in mybook plus he's never said anything negative about anything

Here: (Great Video, awesome what he does but the bias is real I won't be trusting his reviews anymore):

8. KCETech1

KCETech1 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Im with you darkloki on that guy, his old reviews used to be good but its certainly not what i'm seeing especially in Maya and Premier.

9. Mobius 1

Reputations:
    think I'll cancel the mbp for the time being, I'll wait for critical reviews

I'll still try one to play around with if one of my colleague has it

10. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ok so the way I honestly see it is that the system is still a very good system when looking at the fundamentals of why we use Apple Systems. Between Durability, portable, powerful, and battery life ease of use etc... Yeah it might not be the most powerful but it's still pretty darn powerful. The price is too high though but I believe fundamentally when you look at the reasons why you purchase MacBooks to begin with this thing can get alot of the check marks.

The biggest problem is that with the current price tag and the huge unknowns about USB-C and the touchbar I see too many benefits for a user to just sit back and wait to see if it pans out or not. Riding the sidelines seems to be the most obvious choice because (A) you save money and you get to see if the produt takes off or not (B) You're not paying in to the 'Early Adopter Tax (C) At this point the price really can't go up anymore from here right?

So with all of that being said I really do believe it's best to hold judgement and just sit back and observe. If it works it works, if it doesn't work out well nothing was lost... I've never been more happy with my Macbook Pro 15 inch Retina then now as the system approaches it's 3rd year so it really isn't go kill me to go another year with it, and I'm sure many others are probably right there with me.

KCETech1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.