MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2016) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Mobius 1, Nov 3, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KCETech1

KCETech1 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I got my hands on one on Friday night and will run it through its paces around here, I don't expect I will get one but I get asked way too often about it. I will run a basic thoughts here and over at Macrumors and Creativecow.

steberg likes this.
  2. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah to me he's like that cousin or nephew you have when you are super old and have no clue about current age technology and trust him 1000% on everything he says and you just buy on whatever he says. Will he lead you astray? Probably not, but are you really so old that you need a nephew like that to tell everything to buy to the light bulbs you're using in your desk?

My thoughts are probably not, but again he's more of a buyer adviser then a product reviewer as I've never seen him as of late say anything negative about any product.

3. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Also not sure if anybody has had the chance to type on one of them....the key travel is absolute garbage. Previous MBPs were never this bad, and this probably has something to do with how thin they are trying to make everything. My fingers hurt after an hour of typing on them.

4. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    If you're using that for an extended period of time then I can see why.

It's still possible to adapt to the short travel, but it's possible that Apple didn't target the kind of people who type for an extended period of time (or type fluently at all).

5. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    I work as a medical scribe in between studying for the MCAT so my work is 100% typing the entire day, comes out to about a short novel by the end of the day. I had to bring my X220 back from home to substitute for this new MBP that was ordered for us at work because I just couldn't deal with the keyboard all day long

6. KCETech1

KCETech1 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Glad im not the only one that runs around with an x220/x230. Everyone keeps saying its too old now!

7. Mobius 1

Reputations:
    It's too old now.

8. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well.... I was shocked actually to see how well it performed. Of course this thing isn't a gaming laptop nor should it be purchased to do so however it is stronger then originally anticipated but at that price tag I suppose it ought to be.

9. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    If you're going to use Boot Camp, it might be advisable to wait for a bit as there are reports of the internal speakers blowing out on the new MBPs. Who knows if this is a hardware or software problem, although apparently Apple quietly issued an audio driver update in the last couple days.

10. Mobius 1

Reputations:
    Probably due to thermal issue and gpu limited to 35watt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.