Mac Pro with $400 wheels maxed out = $52,599

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by hmscott, Dec 11, 2019.

1. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
  2. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    I’m tempted to get this just to see what is all in that included manual. Only Apple could make more than a simple instruction sheet about a stand.

jclausius and Papusan like this.
  3. DaMafiaGamer

DaMafiaGamer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What disappoints me the most is the passive cooling, if those fans stop or the heatsink clogs with dust your cpu and gpu are going to roast lol.

Your paying at least $30k for a good spec, at least add a dedicated cpu fan o_O

hmscott and jclausius like this.
  4. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Apple is now developing a new liquid cooled systems for the pro. Priced at a “cool” 92,000.

5. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It was bound to happen sooner or later... ;)

Can You Game on a $6,000 Mac Pro??
    Jan 5, 2020
    Snazzy Labs
    Sure, the new Mac Pro is supposed to be a workstation, but that doesn’t mean it can’t game... right? The stock Radeon Pro 580X in the 2019/2020 Mac Pro is disappointing to say the least. It’s a budget card from 2017 dressed up in a sleek new MPX format to save face and it falls short; not just for gaming but for compute as well. So what GPUs can help accomplish those tasks better. What about a new generation NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super or last-gen NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti? Apple blocked NVIDIA’s Mac web drivers in Mojave so only older Macs can use their GPUs in macOS. But will it work in Windows via Boot Camp or virtualization in Parallels or VMWare? Maybe we should try out an AMD 5700XT GPU which has killer performance for the price and is compatible with macOS? Let’s find out all of this and more!

Links referenced in video:
    DDU download - https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/vi...
    PowerPC to Intel Switch video - https://youtu.be/MXS3yei54_w
    Gaming on a Mac with eGPU video- https://youtu.be/5H-Xrzd-IfE
    PC vs Mac Gaming video - https://youtu.be/V9v2CO3sDXI

Papusan likes this.
  6. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Did you expect anything different from Apple?

Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  7. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Oof! :confused:

Nope sorry. Nothing constructive to say. Just sadness.

hmscott likes this.
  8. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just remember, Apple's inside business mantra. There's a sucker born every second!

Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  9. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Why pay more than needed for a grater?:vbbiggrin:
    Want a $50k Mac Pro Cheese Grater? Get a $60 PC Cheese Grater! by Dr. Ian Cutress Anandtech.com | Jan 14, 2020

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    PC makers continue to eat into Mac's dwindling market share

Market research estimates by Gartner and IDC indicate that Apple's share of the PC market continues to decline. With a 7.5 percent share as of Q4 2019, Apple remains the world's 4th largest PC seller. However, it is outsold significantly by market leaders Lenovo, HP, and Dell.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  10. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Apple however, makes 10 times the profit on each mac sold because they sucker their minions into believing that the magical baby farts and rainbows inside a 5000.00 dollar box is now magically worth 50,000. Even more so where they flat out rob them of another grand for a stand to put their "amazing, magical display" on. There's a sucker born every second. I am in purge my apple crap mode now. My ipad 2018 LTE does not want to stay connected to my network even though every other device I own stays on no problem. My iphone 8 and watch now have notification issues where I do not receive them unless the screen is on and phone is unlocked and I am just sick of the crap. I don't know what's replacing my phone. The p30 or pixel 3 are top contenders. Or I may roll back and buy an essential PH1 and rock it cool school. Microsoft launcher of course! I know that the surface go LTE 8gb / 128gb is going to replace my ipad. By apple.