m9750 Downloads - Drivers / Apps

Discussion in 'Alienware Area-51/Aurora and Legacy Systems' started by eightd, Jan 1, 2008.

1. xb1

xb1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thnx, those look like exactly what I was looking for.

2. Matchmuchach

Matchmuchach Newbie

Reputations:
    My friend has a really wierd problem with his Area 51 SLI m9750. A couple of days ago he closed his laptop lid, it was configured to continue running when closed. I confirmed via the logs that this was the case, the machine ran without a problem until he opened the lid the next morning. The screen turned on, but stayed black.

When you reboot the machine it boots with the normal Windows 7 x64 load screen, but right when the Welcome/Login screen has to appear it turns black again. After a couple of minutes it'll sometimes reboot.

In the Windows 7 safe mode everything runs fine, we can get to the desktop without problems. We also reinstalled both Windows 7 and Vista, both had the same problem. But it only appears when we put both m9750 cards in SLI mode, with just one card: no problem...

What could this be? We've tried pretty much every driver mentioned in this thread, and we kinda lost hope...

3. walujam

walujam Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    => New Realtek HD Audio Driver R2.62 is out!!! <=

4. mandy231431

mandy231431 Newbie

Reputations:
    My laptop originally came with wireless connection. I have loaded the Intel driver but for some reason my wireless adaptor is not being recognized. Last year, I had to delete the partition on my computer and reload everything again. This is the only thing not working. Can anyone help me? I am not sure what is missing.

5. 2mad

2mad Newbie

Reputations:
    seems to be the secondary graohics card, at least I had the same symptoms.
    I suggest to "bake" it - see here - http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware/385973-how-repair-your-dead-graphics-card-your-alienware.html
    unfortunately I have to do this every 2 to 3 months, but it´s still working.

Would be better to open your own thread on this, as this one is for the drivers.

6. christophemartens

christophemartens Newbie

Reputations:
    hello everyone this is my first post here

I have a m9750 with windows 7 x64 and my webcam doesn't work with the original drivers or drivers downloaded from this thread.
    I've tried installing them as adminstrator but after the installation is complete no webcam is found. I've also completely removed it and tried to reinstall but also with no luck.
    I know the webcam isn't broke because it has worked before on this version of windows and that I can still turn it on and off with the function key (it just says that the usb isn't recognized)

Does anyone know any solution for this?

7. christophemartens

christophemartens Newbie

Reputations:
    nvm fixed it myself
    if anyone else has this problem you have to delete the unknown device (webcam) in your device manager and restart it using the fn + f4 keys. When the device manager recognizes a webcam simply install the driver

8. rsgeiger

rsgeiger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    thanks! good tip!

9. cstricklin

cstricklin Newbie

Reputations:
    I've recently updated my m9750 to Windows 7 Ultimate, and now the webcam no longer works. I've found that this is a known problem, yet every attempt at updating the driver has failed.

Would anyone be able to point me to the correct solution?

Update: I've just spoken to Alienware (now Dell) and they want to charge me for support, without even knowing if there is a driver available. Jerks!

10. johndillinger1932

johndillinger1932 Newbie

Reputations:
    The first post was very helpful in getting my 9750 back up and running..My only issue is I can not get the drivers for the AlienFX board and I don't not have the Alienware restore disc anymore, it was lost in a house fire, along with all my account info etc. Does anyone know where I can download these? Dell has been of no help and doesn't seem to care since I bought this laptop in 2007.