M6800 Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by billxt95, Nov 1, 2013.

1. AntiNSA

AntiNSA Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    m6800 touch screen showing light bleed around the edges. In your experience, what is the best replacement led? In linux it shows CMN as panel info. I am not sure the brand... Are their different models, IE AU Optics I can use?I dont need to change the digitizer. Just trying to get a feel for which manufacturers other people have for their touch screen displays. Thanks....

2. sirpouncealot

sirpouncealot Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys,
    My M6800 motherboard kicked the bucket and I got a replacement from the fleabay without paid too much attention to screen connection. Turn out the new motherboard model is 098VVR and therefore, requires EDP LCD display while the old screen is of the LVDS type. Since I wanted to upgrade from HD+ (original lcd) to FullHD anyway, I bought an EDP display cable with model 08XC05.
    The last part is the panel itself and I have absolutely no clue which one should I order. My only requirement is Full HD, I can live with either matte and glossy LCD, no brand loyalty means AUO, LG or Chimei both are acceptable.
    Thanks and cheers.

3. rzrwolf

rzrwolf Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys - anyone experienced failure to update BIOS? I have A05, but there is now way it flashes to any other newer version - tried everything - dos/win/f12/commander flashing - laptop just reboots.. CMOS battery trick - same story..

4. Obscureman

Obscureman Newbie

Reputations:
    Friends, I have a small problem, but I can't solve it...
    Before I installed a Realtek sound driver everything was working, but I had problems with the sound quality in skype and voice chats. After installing a Realtek driver, the quality with the sound is perfect, but my headphones do not work. I tried 3 different versions of a driver with the same result. Technically headset, connector and everything works and the problem is a 100% driver. As far as I can see, many people have this problem with the Realtek drivers, but no one offers a good solution. Is there a solution or a modified driver because my headphones are often needed when I edit a video or something and I need to feel the sound. Thank you in advance :)

5. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Can you just use the Microsoft driver? (Manually update the driver in device manager, select "Choose from a list" and pick the one called "High Definition Audio Device".) I've had similar issues with the Realtek driver on the M4800 and 7510 so I just always use the Microsoft one...

If you're having issues using a mic with the Microsoft driver, go to "Recording Devices", select your audio input and pick "Properties", go to the "Levels" tab, and adjust the "Microphone boost". 0 dB is adequate for "line in" devices, but a mic should be set to 10 or 20 dB.

If you really must use the Realtek audio driver, maybe you could look for a cheap USB based headphone adapter to plug your headphones into to bypass the Realtek driver for that...

6. Obscureman

Obscureman Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks, Aaron44126. Now it's all right, but I do not understand why I had quality problems at the beginning without the Realtek driver, and now it's ok...

7. epsilon72

epsilon72 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Look for part numbers MM77H (AUO) and 9Y6GJ (Innolux). I think the AUO has slightly better color reproduction but it has a slight striping effect in some colors that the Innolux doesn't have. Either one will be way too blue-shifted out of the box but they look alright with a color profile applied to them.

8. sirpouncealot

sirpouncealot Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you, but I ordered the Chimei N173HGE-E11 already. Will report on result.

9. CristiM1974

CristiM1974 Newbie

Reputations:
    I love my fast M6800 but I have an annoying problem.
    About once a day or two I get a blue screen error and I need to restart.
    What could be the problem? Faulty memory module?
    My configuration is listed in my sig. I'm running Windows 10 Pro.
    Probably not important, but my workstation has been running 24x7 for the past three years.

10. SvenC

SvenC Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I had problems with the Intel hd4600 and FirePro m6100 GPU combination in Win10. Sometimes BSOD, sometimes garbled output on external displays. Had to use an older combination of Win 8.1 x64 drivers to get them working and get Win10 to stop updating to newer drivers from Windows Updates. In the end I got an nvidia GPU replacement under warranty.

If you suspect the RAM you should run the dell bios diagnostics and check the memory results