M4800 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by changt34x, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Rippchen

Rippchen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm not really sure of that :(

I was only hoping that Bluetooth was disabled by the former owner. You could check the original system configuration on the dell Homepage -> Support sites whether the system was build with bluetooth or not. You only need to enter the Service Tag (on the bottom cover or in the Bios).

2. lewis marx

lewis marx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    what wifi card do you have? the bluetooth functionality is part of the wifi card and if your specific wifi card doesn't have the capability to provide bluetooth then you won't have it. you can pretty easily replace the wifi card with a new one that does have bluetooth you just have to keep an eye out for a good deal on one.

3. Seyyed hasan

Seyyed hasan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks for your help , in dell support page its says that I have "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 72 60 802.11ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 + Blue tooth 4.0 LE Half Mini Card". So I think I have the device but I don't have the driver in device manager and I can't turn on the Bluetooth light!!

4. Seyyed hasan

Seyyed hasan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  5. unnoticed

unnoticed Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  6. PetrosGR

PetrosGR Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just bought myself one , M4800 for 200$
    *K1200M, 4800MQ , 16GB RAM , 2 x Good Batteries, 1920x1080 Panel,in really good condition.
    The keyboard only needs replace.

I am thinking on upgrading the panel to 4K , is it compatible ? (I have searched a while,and on eBay there are a lot of people suggesting that it can be fitted with 4K ,even though i had read that only 3200 x 1800 ...
    Changing the ram to 32GB because it's "cheap" to get extra RAM.

Any other suggestions ?

7. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The system originally shipped with 3200x1800 display as the max but eventually that was upgraded to 4K. I am not sure if there are separate LVDS and eDP versions of the motherboard like there are for the M6800. You will definitely need an eDP display connector on the motherboard to fit a 4K panel in.

8. PetrosGR

Reputations:
    Man ,happy christmas ,plus thank you for the reply.
    Yes, of course i will buy a cable, and i will swap the screen for a better one.
    I just an upgrade of the AMD as well as i was searching around, that i can get with only few bucks a better GPU (35$ for a 5100 AMD) which is NOT bad at all ,in comparison with the K2100M.
    You agree on me ?

9. PetrosGR

Reputations:
    Anyone , any info about it ?

10. Yuuji

Yuuji Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a m5100 in my system, you can flash the Vbios with a unlocked one for more performance. I've got mine running at 975Mhz on the core and 1450Mhz on the Vram. In Passmark it's scoring around 2700 now, so it's like a GT 1030 in performance. Got 75fps in Cinebench R15 openGL but it's still bottlenecked by the i5 I think (4930mx on the way).