M4800 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by changt34x, Oct 29, 2013.

1. alexhawker

alexhawker Spent Gladiator

Reputations:
    Well, good work doing the hands-on fixing! I've treated mine fairly well, but put a ton of miles on it and it's still going strong. The M46/7/800 is a fairly sturdy/robust design, for a notebook.

2. philhalo66

philhalo66 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ok so the LCD cable has gone bad and the exact replacement is dirt cheap but here comes the weird part. in the event its my motherboard that has failed i tried looking for an exact replacement but they all state NOT FOR LVDS!! but the cable that mine has is LVDS FHD. did dell really make 3 separate motherboard for this system? i cannot find a single motherboard that says LVDS on the listing and the model number is exactly the same. any ideas?

it's worth noting it works perfectly with an external monitor but i suspect a damaged cable or damaged motherboard lcd connector somehow. but could it also be a faulty graphics card? i still got a 30 day warranty and im thinking about just sending it back and not bothering to spend upwards of 200 dollars to fix it.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018