[M18xR2] High Processor Temperature normally ?

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by Shaktilar, Jul 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaktilar

Shaktilar Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all ,

Recently, I observed temperatures very high. 103 °C is the current record on battlefield 3 and OCCT.
    On the desk , always 65/75 °C
    My Alienware has exactly a little less of one the years and had to her credit a total of 5 breakdowns when I write you.
    Any swap was proposed to me !

(Breakdowns : Dissipator thermal issue (70-90°), Card Graphic down , Alimentation down , keyboard down and wifi card down too)

I contacted Dell to have information on these big temperatures and for them, it is normal. My thermal dissipator had already been to change in October, 2012

My second alienware ( M17XR4) possesses the same configuration and turns with 30 ° at least... Dell (I' m french - > Dell France) want to know nothing. Being a technician in computing, I know that temperatures as that. It's dangerous for the CPU (3610QM).

The Tmax is 105° C...

I still have no reboot and a screen of the death. However, I have crashes from time to time drivers AMD or even logouts of the WiFi after long periods (randomly)

For you, it is normal?

2013-07-03-20h41-Temperature-Core #2.png

Attached Files:

2. BrickTop

BrickTop Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sounds like you've had service work done on your machine in the past? Pull it apart and do a proper repaste with something like IC Diamond or whatever is meant to be the current best paste and clean out the fans / fins on the heatpipes. The tech's that have worked on your machine in the past probably didn't apply new paste or did it poorly.

3. Shaktilar

Shaktilar Newbie

Reputations:
    Fans are all clean. I clean every week ^^ And it's on desk not on the bed.

If I have to put back some thermal dough. I can make it yes but seen that I have already had 5 breakdowns within one the years and 2 breakdowns under my second within the year also (they were to buy in July / August on 2012).
    We are going to say that I have really not desire to settle them so that they avoid a swap.
    I find rather pitiful to have so many breakdowns for 5000 € within one the year :)

4. Alienware-L_Porras

Alienware-L_Porras Company Representative

Reputations:
    I would suggest applying new thermal compound as well. It does seem like that is the issue. That temperature is unusually high.

5. sy5tem

sy5tem Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ----------
    French

Salut, par expérience, je peut te dire, que Dell va essaye de te réparé une 10aine de fois avant tout forme d’échange... Alors je comprend ton mécontentement .... tu devrais pas avoir a ouvrir toi même ton laptop même si tes un tech.... mais la ça dépend si tu veux qu'il fonctionne maintenant ou passer dans la machine Dell de support technique.

------
    English
    I Was just telling him that exchange take long time and effort, and that he should try to repair it himself since he's a tech.

6. Shaktilar

Shaktilar Newbie

Reputations:
    French :
    Je l'ai fais et j'ai obtenu un swap. par contre le changement de pate l'a dégradé davantage.
    J'attends donc mon swap.

English :
    I was able to obtain a swap after 3 days of complaint with the SAV
    I win in exchange:
    Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.