M18X Recovery Error: 0x400110020000100a

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by LostMemoriCry, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostMemoriCry

LostMemoriCry Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys, please give me a hand~~~:mad:

I bought three SSDs to do diy on my m18x, 1st time I used Corsair Force GT as the primary disk and Vertex 3 as second drive and used the factory image that I used AlienRespawn to store in my USB driver to recover the original system onto the Corsair SSD.
    However, unfortunately, when I experienced the Corsair SSD, I found the GT has horrible issue which is much more serious than M4 (Unlimited Freezes and Hangs. no firmware for updating and temp no way to resolve it) Therefore, I switched the two SSDs when I deceded to use V3 as my OS drive.

However, this error message came and I never met when I use factory recovery image on the Corsair Force GT in the first time. I tried to use the USB and DVDs (use AlienRespawn to back up as well as USB, I did both.) to recovery the original system on Intel, Vertex 3 and Corsair Force GT several times for each, but it showed the same error message for me as well.

In the end, I push the ST 320GB HDD which is the original one to resume the system. it works well!!!! and I can use this HDD as usual. I tried to re-back up the image on my USB in the second time due to I updated the BIOS after 1st time back up. I tried the same operation, but I still got this error......

Please note, I tested all the hardware several time, including Memorys, Three SSDs and ST HDD, they all perform with green tick (Which are completely OK). Therefore, I assume this is still a issue on the software but not the hardware issue.

Any experts can give me some advices, I will be very happy to see.:D

PS: I tried to use the DVD to re-install the OS, it works well in any single drive, but I still hope to keep the orignal softwares which pre-installed by DELL in the factory status. So I wish I can still use AlienRespawn on my M18X.

Wait for helps~~~ Cheers MEN!:cry:

2. Flashpoint

Flashpoint Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I did something similar, I just burned the 2 DVD Recovery and then wiped the drive and installed my SSD. I've heard problems with doing a respawn to an SSD but don't recall the specifics.

Have you tried to just do a fresh install with the new SSD installed, on one of the alienware general threads there is a link to download the pre-installed software. Hopefully they have everything you are looking for (it's under fresh win 7 install or something similar).

3. LostMemoriCry

Reputations:
    Thanks for your reply. You suggested me to wiped the drive, is this action for the original ST HDD or the new SSD. This is my 1st time to try the SSD. I do not know if my made something wrong during installation. Could u please show me some software to completely wipe the SSD in order to return factory status. I assume the issue may come from the SSD.

In your second pargraph, my answer is YES. I tried to install a FRESH WIN 7 onto the VERTEX 3 240G. And it works well and in the end I put it as second drive with ST 320G(1st drive), it still works well...... Only when I tried to recovery the content onto the SSD, this error will come unfortunately. I am confident that all HDD AND SSDs passed the hardware test (F12) Therefore, it is only reasonable that I doubt I may use the SSD on a wrong way. Think that, I can use SSD in their fresh status to do the recovery by respawn. Why not I cannot do recovery after the SSD had been used only once.

I have got a bit confusion on your method. I aasume that you tried to use two burned recovery DVDs to successfully do the respawn and it works, right? I tried to use the DVDs which I burned in the 1st time I got machine, it showed the same error message.

Thank again~~~ I am waiting for all guys reply.

4. Flashpoint

Reputations:
    It's just the way I did things, if you don't want to wipe the factory drive just burn the recovery DVD's from respawn (if you haven't already), then just add in your SSD and leave the factory alone (it was my preference to wipe the drive as I need all [750GB - Formatting Overhead] for storage).

Install a fresh Win 7 on the SSD and use the Dell Website link from the other thread download and install all the pre-packaged software that you want/need.

From the sounds of it, looks like respawn is seriously messing with the SSD if a fresh install works fine. I'll see if I can dig up that link to the pre-installed software page.

5. Flashpoint

Reputations:
  6. LostMemoriCry

Reputations:
    Thanks, I am reading that page. The only software I cannot find is the ALIENRESPAWN!. This is critical one I think.~~~

Sorry for that English is not my 1st language. I am not sure if you successfully recovery the factory image onto your Hard Drive or installed a fresh WIN 7 on the disk.~~~ It you can use DVDs to resolve this error. I do not mind to burn another two pieces of DVDs to do the recovery. I really need the AlienRespawn.:)

7. Flashpoint

Reputations:
    I saw that one somewhere, don't recall where though. However, unless you have upgraded it to the premium version the only thing it will do is restore the factory image. For the SSD if you want something like norton ghost or acronis might be a better option. If I remember correctly alienrespawn is just a fancy interface to norton ghost.

8. debaucher

debaucher Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah, the basic alienrespawn is just norton ghost and will only only let you do a factory image unless you upgrade (not worth it).

You are better off just using acronis (my favorite) or using the free macrium reflect (also very good).

I would just clone from one drive to another once you have your backup back onto your original drive and then you can also save an image copy onto an external HD just in case.

D.

9. LostMemoriCry

Reputations:
    Thanks for your suggestion, but did you saw this error code before or met this kind of situation during using AlienRespawn. This software performaces well on my m11x, but after I switched SSD onto M18X, it happens. So sad for this. If you have this kind of experience, please post it here:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.