M18x Order Status Discussion

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by BatBoy, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaynardLD50

MaynardLD50 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah, I agree. They said after it processes through facilities tonight I can pick it up in the morning, but I told them "Nah, it's cool at $4.30 a gallon in Chicago you can use your gas".

2. Eliphion

Eliphion Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Im wondering if the Momentus drives in RAID 0 I got is what is holding me up... sigh

3. Smooth_J

Smooth_J Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There is nothing on the site to say its delayed and the way they are picking orders seems to be at random. So your guess is as good as mine unfortunately :/

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellst...=alienware-m18x&oc=dkcwkr1&s=dhs&fb=1&vw=icon

All I can see is the build time is now 12 days (from 15). So I am going to hit 11 tomorrow, while others are going on there 3rd week+.

Its one of those things that annoys the crap out of me. I usually always go through this mess with Dell, and I think to myself - never again. However I always come back...its like I never learned my lesson in the first place.

4. cookinwitdiesel

cookinwitdiesel Retired Bencher

Reputations:
    People have received systems with all the parts that make up mine, yet my laptop has not left Dell yet and was ordered 5/4

I think it is safe to say they have no system in place whatsoever for handling orders

5. mloney87

mloney87 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well today I bugged my rep about the delay on my machine. He said that they have a shortage of the chassis cover. As soon as they receive the parts they will prioritize my order.

6. JCrichton

JCrichton Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yup, phone call hell, pretty much. So the wait actually isn't that bad but it's really just the concept of the thing.

7. Smooth_J

Smooth_J Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't mind wait either. However the simple fact that we paid nearly 3K or more for a system and we have to wait till God knows when to get it.

Dell should redo the site and make it more friendly.

Order Processing
    Pre-Production
    In Production - Waiting for Components (tells you whats needed, and when it should come in)
    In Production - Building (with tech id)
    In Production - Final Testing (with results)
    Shipped
    Delivered

8. JCrichton

Reputations:
    If they have the infrastructure (and I don't think they do) to make it happen that would be great.

9. Smooth_J

Smooth_J Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The service tag gets scanned though the whole process so I don't understand why not.

Just a hope and a dream at this point, but they are a old company and they should of figured this out by now.

10. JCrichton

Reputations:
    Agreed. They may have also decided that it's better to be nebulous with the info than more specific as to divert expectations they can't meet 99% of the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.