M18x Order Status Discussion

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by BatBoy, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radi324

Radi324 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Really sweet deal Brembrad! I smiled at that part where you were chuckling to yourself... good poker tactics, I would have screamed out in joy if they were upgrading my machine from 7970M CFX to 680M SLI haha.

2. steviejones133

steviejones133 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Indeed, a great result...and a very valid moral, too.....

3. daveh98

daveh98 P4P King

Reputations:
    I am not sure this is really any closer. It screams: "we still don't have the parts and are having issues we don't want to talk about with our customers, so we are going to throw out the idea that it will ship out in 30 days so as to kinda indicate that we are still on track for a late July arrival as our website says."

These orders were placed in the earlier part of June. It seems like AW should have done a "pre order" instead of just appearing to have the ability to make and ship the systems. It's rather frustrating to see that I ordered my system on June 11th but if I ordered TODAY I would still have the same "arrival" date. It's BS. It sounds like a lot of back ordered parts, maybe quality issues that surfaced late, etc. I know some people are thinking they will get their systems early but I wouldn't be surprised if these get pushed back into August. No one seems to have any concrete reason why orders aren't moving through. Some people are showing "in production" but from the few indications we have on the forums, there are screen issues and possibly GPU back order issues. Who knows. If a rep told me today my order would ship in 30 days I would basically know that they are just blowing smoke up my you know what....

4. DH48

DH48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

Was told 3-4 week it will be shipped (from were ...no idea) so yes they dont have the parts but am not in a hurry to get the notebook anyway :) waiting a month is fine by me.The system however will then have to be spot on with no problems out of the box.

Bad part is that if you try to hurry with orders and have problems with parts then it will lead to faulty or bad systems being shipped. :(

5. whex

whex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    And we have liftoff! Just received a tracking number with EDD of tomorrow. That makes about 63 days from ordering to delivery for my R2. Looking forward to the 680M SLI!

Thanks all for the camaraderie and I hope others get their systems soon. I have my USB flash ready and waiting for my recovery media. :D

6. sLOWRY

sLOWRY Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Congrats!
    This … Is going to be the longest day of your life!!

Enjoy your new beast.
    Mine is supposed to be here Wednesday.

7. Kamzan

Kamzan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So I ordered mine on last thursday being told it will take aprox two weeks. yesterday on the 23rd i was informed it will take longer at about 4-5 weeks.... /shoot self

for the alienware 18 780m sli....

8. paradyne64

paradyne64 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just received delay notice #2 on my M18x. Now I am seriously thinking about just letting them cancel the order and in a few months order a M18x with 780's. Was supposed to have received my M18x tomorrow.

Dear Customer,
    We're sorry but your order will take longer to fulfill than previously communicated and is now scheduled to be delivered on or before 7/3/2013

Because we did not meet the date previously communicated to you, we need your permission today to continue your order with this new date. If we do not receive your permission, the Federal Trade Commission requires that we cancel your order.

9. UltraGSM

UltraGSM ...so many Alienwares...

Reputations:
    oh man, getting best performance ratio? just cancel the R2 and order new 18 with dual 780m , at the long run 780m's should be up to twice as powerful as 680m sli. Unless you like the old design then storry is different

10. sLOWRY

sLOWRY Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My M18x was supposed to ship today.

I called Dell customer support and they told me that they received a note from the production site (or something like that - I couldn't understand the guys thick accent) that there is a problem with the LCD screens. They expect to have the issue resolved soon and production should resume shortly. I asked about upgrading the processor or video cards to make up for the hassle and got nowhere.

I'm not through with them. I'll call back and get something extra. I know it's not going to be easy but I'm not going to give up. My biggest concern is that I ordered this monster for work through my place of employment. I'm sure many of you can understand that getting a $4000.00 laptop approved was no small feat when the majority of my coworkers have systems below $700.00 - Plus I already have a two fairly new workstations: a 5 month old Dell and a 2 year old MacPro. I'm pushing it now! I don't want to have to ask for more $$. I configured/priced a new model M18 on the Dell site and to get something comparable with all of the new hardware is over $4000.00. Which was my limit.
    This sucks ...

I was told that it is their policy that customers are to receive no compensation for delays in orders??!
    I then started to work the CS guy over a little bit and …. The line went dead.

My new delivery date is now July 5th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.