M18x Order Status Discussion

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by BatBoy, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UltraGSM

UltraGSM ...so many Alienwares...

Reputations:
    ^^^ that is NOT GOOD !!! Im sorry to hear that man, I hope all the other fellows waiting around for their R2 will get theirs otherwise, its a sad stuff

2. Robert_M

Robert_M Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just tried to call in and cancel the m18x and they said it shows it was already cancelled. Don't know if the rep went ahead and did it anyway or if it was auto cancelled but I guess I will call him back and see what price he can offer.

Edit: Basically quoted me off the website with a $200 GC but without the $100 coupon that's floating around and for the 770 SLI not the 780.

3. Radi324

Radi324 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Pressure them. Tell them that you already had problems with an order and that it was their fault, act angry but politely at the same time. Explain that you were already a bit annoyed at the fact that your order was cancelled without asking for your confirmation, and that the least they can do is offer you a discount on an Alienware 18. Be persuasive, and be diplomatic as well.

4. paradyne64

paradyne64 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Very sorry for you.
    That's interesting as you ordered your M18 about 2 weeks before I ordered mine. I ordered through EPP program and she threw in a free color
    laser printer which I said I did not want, but they sent it anyway. I have the printer so if they cancel my order too, I wonder if the printer is still mine. Good thing I did not sell it on Craigslist yet.

5. sLOWRY

sLOWRY Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello All - I just joined the forum. I ordered my M18x R2 on 5/24 with an initial EDD on or before 6/27. I just checked the order status and it says it's "In Production" with an EDD of 6/26 …

This thread has me nervous! Hopefully we all get our new rigs sooner than later. A month is so freaking long to wait as it is. I see many who've posted here have waited even longer! Can't imagine that.

6. Rustysfunhouse

Rustysfunhouse Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    after like 70 days, i just got a tracking number from fedex, its weighs 21 lbs, so well it should be here tomorrow holy crap, might it actually happen?

7. DH48

DH48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well looks like i am one step closer to getting my alienware 18 :) was told that notebook should ship in 3-4 weeks. Ordered the second option with the 4700QM cpu but sli 780m.

8. lihug2

lihug2 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have been wait 2 months for m18x r2

9. rachfu

rachfu Newbie

Reputations:
    m18 now is need 1 month to ship,so poor

10. Brembrad

Brembrad Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I got my original one March 18th, sort of. It was ordered March 2nd, with a really good 25% discount, then the next day I decided I would like the Killer wireless 1103. It took them 2 days to cancel and reorder so they took off a "1 time" $50. I was in Jpaan so on the 18th it came to my house in Wash state, then son sent to me in Japan. I turned it on and immediately noticed a thumb sized bad spot on LCD. So had to switch Service Tag to international, then wait for phone call. It got repaired, sort of. The screen was fixed on the inside, but I did not notice the back panel was loose for awhile. And shortly the HDD stopped working. SO I waited till I was back in the states (May 17th), then I called Dell and asked for onsite repair. They said they would rather have it in their hands to fix properly. LOL. So they got it. I got it back about a week and a half after I initiated the repair. LOL. I turn it on, "sorry, no boot drive detected". Their repair sheet said they replaced HDD, motherboard, and video cards??? I had told them only problem was interposer cable. Well after another week and many phone calls, they decided to replace. So they started a new order on 6/14/13. 2 days later I get a phone call that they no longer have 7970 CFX, only 680 SLI, so I groan a little and say ok. Next he tells me they have no more RED, which is bad because my Custom nameplate says "Darth Maul", and he is Red & Black!! So I groan some more, and then rep says he will upgrade ram from 6 to 16GB and DVD burner to Bluray reader/dvd burner. I groan (while chuckling to myself of course) and say well....ok, thanks.

So original M18X R2 was 3740QM - 6GB ram - 7970 CFX - 500GB hdd - Killer wireless/BT 4.0 - DVD burner for 2175+tax ($2363) plus the $110 gift card (became Orion backpack). Really no use out of it yet.
    New M18X R2 3840QM - 8GB ram - 680 SLI - 750GB hdd - Killer wireless/BT 4.0 - Bluray/DVD burner (retail price on order form $3515 - plus tax would be $3817)

I have 2 180GB SSD sata 3 and a 1 TB HDD plus 32GB Corsair vengeance ram 1866 ready to go inside. Ram works perfect, it was in original one. And at one point I had SSD's working also in raid-0. My boys will each get an upgrade from my leftovers.

Moral of the story - DON"T give up!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.