M18x Order Status Discussion

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by BatBoy, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Better to wait a little now and get a system that works like it should I suppose.

2. Robert_M

Robert_M Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Been keeping an eye on this topic lately with the new products that were to come out but I couldn't pass up the discounts that were out there so I placed an order on the 16th of May and was given a date of June 14th for delivery. Just got an email this morning saying that I am delayed until the 24th now. So I guess I just have to keep waiting for now.

3. UltraGSM

UltraGSM ...so many Alienwares...

Reputations:
    I have canceled my DELL order today for base config M18X R2 with 680m SLI, I have taken over the maxed out M18X R2 from a member here so will be still getting the R2 but just quicker and already maxed out.

4. whex

whex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I know everyone's excited about the new M18 release, but I thought I'd update on my experience with the M18X R2 order.

So the saga continues and my order has been delayed (original order date 4/23). I received this email today:

Dear Dell Customer,

We are contacting you regarding your recent order for an Alienware M18x notebook.
    Unfortunately, due to higher than expected sales in recently, we are running into a supply issue with the Alienware M18x. We are working to build and ship your order as soon as possible. As of right now, we are estimating your shipment will be delayed until on or before July 5th .

Once again, we apologies for this inconvenience, we know that all you want it to receive your system. Please know that we are working very diligently to ship out your order as soon as possible.

We value you as a customer and apologize for any negative experience this might cause.

Alienware Customer Care Support Number: 866 287-6727, option 2

Sincerely
    Dell

It still seems a bit quicker for me to wait than to place a new order. Hopefully it'll arrive before Independence Day.

5. paradyne64

paradyne64 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I too just received the same email with the same date of July 5th. I was supposed to have received my M18X by 19 June. I already have received a free Dell color laser printer, 5% back gift card, and free 2 day shipping. What are they going to throw in now for another delay?

6. Robert_M

Reputations:
    Also received the same email. I origianally placed my order on the 16th of May with an original delivery date of the 10th of June which was pushed to the 24th of June and now the 5th of July. I checked the website and configuring a new 18x also gives the date of July 5th but I wonder if that can be trusted. At any rate if I can find a rep that is interested in working out a price close to my 18x order for a new 18 I think I will just switch and wait that out.

7. UltraGSM

UltraGSM ...so many Alienwares...

Reputations:
    I guess Im glad I cancelled my order and just bought direct from member here one maxed-out m18x r2 with everything on top par... mine was ordered on 27th May, EDD 28June, never given any change of update but I guess I would have given one if I didnt canceled my order by now :D

Hope you guys get it at the end (special delivery, newly pressed parts for your remaining orders where there were short on those parts)

BR

8. Rustysfunhouse

Rustysfunhouse Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Just got that same email as well, i ordered mine 4/20. you guys are getting free stuff? I got offered a bag, when im pretty sure the rep could have seen from my information that i had already purchased a 100 dollar bag from them 2 months ago when i was hoping to have had my computer now. i asked one of the 20 reps i've talked to who was an actual "supervisor" and asked about possibly getting a processor upgrade or something because they were about to release the 4th gen and the 3940 wasn't an option anymore and figured they might have one of those around to give me, he basically laughed in my face without actually doing it. Kind of disrespectful. im not really the consumer to complain and try to get free stuff, i really just want my computer, but 60+ days is a bit of a stretch to not even be offered any kind of compensation that is even relevant to my $4000 purchase. Just wouldn't mind the processor upgrade, thats all im saying :) especially if i have to wait until the 5th now when is supposed to be here "thursday"...

9. paradyne64

paradyne64 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Received another email from Dell, maybe production is going again as yesterday's email said delayed to 5 July, today's says 26 June.

Dear Customer,
    We wanted to let you know that there is a delay with one or more items in your order.

Based on the latest available information, we have adjusted your Estimated Delivery Date and your order is now projected to reach you on or before 6/26/2013

We are sorry for the delay and appreciate your patience.

Product Description (click here for full order details) Revised Estimated Delivery Date
    Alienware M18X R2 - Direct 6/26/2013

10. Robert_M

Reputations:
    Mine still shows the 24th under my account which did not change after I received the email about the 5th of July. I wonder if the delay email is just automated and sends out X days before your delivery date if the order isn't updated to shipped and just adds X days to it.

I'm still debating if I want to wait or just try to get a good price on a new 18.

Update on my status. I received an email from a rep asking me to call him. When I did he said my order was on hold and not in production due to the m18x being at end of life and that I needed to cancel my m18x order and enter a new order for an 18. He was anxious to get it done and wanted me to call him back right away but I am at work so I will catch him this afternoon and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.