M18x Order Status Discussion

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by BatBoy, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anodize

anodize Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is it a replacement? How did you get next day shipping?

2. MAITAI

MAITAI Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i ordered it a week ago. It was sent through as priority.

3. MAITAI

MAITAI Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    5 days total

4. Lason

Lason Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    BOOOOOOO, just got a call from Dell saying they just wanted to update me and manufacturing updated from the 18th to the 15th so that means I porbably wont get it untill next Monday the 17th. Owell, not at lucky as Maitai :(

5. 3demons

3demons Battlefield 3 Ace

Reputations:
    basically if you try to order any video card thats "dual", you get an error that says:

im getting annoyed now, since i am ready to order the one i want (580m's in SLI), but i cannot since its not a 330W adaptor. Ima call tonight to try and resolve this, but i already sent numerous emails to them.

anyone else tried calling them before? are they easy to work with?

6. Lason

Lason Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I know Dell has been having a shortage of the 330W adapters but I find it hard to believe they would limit people to singe card systems over it. I tried building one on the EPP site and its not responding for me so maybe they are glitching out.

Either way, call them up and see what they tell you and negotiate a better deal at the same time.

7. stu.artd

stu.artd Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The M18x from the outlet was delivered, certified refurb not a scratch and dent. There are scratches on the lid and on the front corners - through to the metal underneath the red paint job. Have spoken with Dell and it's going back for a refund. Was worth trying the outlet but I'll steer clear next time. One other thing, the PSU supplied was a 240W one (same part no as people have received with their M17X R3's) so it wouldn't have been able to power the dual graphics cards properly anyway!

I've ordered a new M18x, has cost me a fair bit more but I want new and untarnished so accept that i need to pay for it. Used the 15% off coupon to cover costs of upping the warranty and accidental damage to 3 yrs apiece.

8. daveh98

daveh98 P4P King

Reputations:
    What happened to your old system?

9. Nicholaus.rossi

Nicholaus.rossi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The AAFES site is very limited in what you can select for options. I would contact them directly instead of dealing with Dell. It's worth the trouble in the end to avoid tax+shipping costs and charge it to your STAR card. I just bought an M17xR3 for the wifey from them :)

If you can't get anywhere with AAFES, see if you can just have dell swap the power supply out for you when you get your new system. You shouldn't have a problem using the 240 watt in the meantime. Just don't overclock. You can always disable SLI for the time being as well.

Here a member stated that he's never measured over 309watts being pulled from his power supply, and that was with 580sli heavily overclocked and his 2920xm at 4.5ghz.

10. 3demons

3demons Battlefield 3 Ace

Reputations:
    no im not sure you understand, i cant even order it because it keeps saying basically to "fix the error" when i try to add it to my cart from AAFES, and i cant "fix the error" since there is no option for a 330W adapter. therefore, i am in a vicious cycle :p. and this is all from AAFES, not from dell, i didnt have time today, so ima call tomorrow.

i sold it to a friend, since i needed moneyz elsewhere. therefore... UPGRADE TIME! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.