***M18x - NVIDIA SLI (Driver Questions, Performance, Problems) Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Line

Red Line Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    hey, just checked! it needs a few minutues to get available :)

2. MAITAI

MAITAI Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I am getting my 580m SLi anyday now. I feel pretty positive still :)

3. skygunner27

skygunner27 A Genuine Child of Zion

Reputations:
    Good! These beast are amazing!! I highly recommend you update your Verde driver to Graphics Driver - Verde 290.36 Driver - GeForce and test out your system. If you experience throttling in game like I did with Crysis 2 and a few times with BF3 you may want to take a look at Red Lines Post simplifying the custom vBIOS flash process. Congrats!!!!! Also keep in mind that the 580M's excell in-game where it matters not in benches w/o serious tweaking!! Unless you are johnksss and Co.

4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    OK team. No reason for worries about being banned for drifting off topic a little bit. I have deleted some posts that were out of place. I have cleaned some up a little and left what adds value to the discussion. Thank you to the gentleman that alerted me that we are drifting off course. (You know who you are, LOL.)

If anyone sees more posts that I missed that you think are questionable, drop me or BatBoy or Katalin_2003 a PM with a link and we will have a look. If you see something that is obviously objectionable or violates forum rules, always use the link to report a post so any mod that sees the report can delete it.

Let's stay on topic and avoid directing posts toward specific members when it comes to personal interpretations. We should let them speak for their self. Use PM where appropriate.

Remember, this thread is intended for discussion about NVIDIA display adapters in the M18x.
    • Which Display Driver Should I Use?
    • General Items Related to NVIDIA Reference Drivers
    • NVIDIA SLI Related Discussion
    • Dell Release NVIDIA Driver Discussion
    • Anything else related to getting your NVIDIA configured system up and running

5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Just added this blurb to the opening post:

6. Cygoris

Cygoris Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    When i'm running my SLI at 735/1470 I noticed some artefact's in game (Starcraft2) and with 3dMark11, why do you think that is?

7. skygunner27

skygunner27 A Genuine Child of Zion

Reputations:
    I just received my first return of the Aero/OSD Bug going from IGPU to discrete. Hopefully that is the one and only time. The Aero Fix program written by one of our members brought Aero Back w/o a log off or restart. I'm glad I saved that program.

8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    The same thing happened to me twice yesterday, but it was a C++ crash by a seldom-used utility that made it happen. It's not something that I am concerned about, since I hardly ever use it.

9. BatBoy

BatBoy Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Could very well be the driver and OC. Back it down to stock clocks and see if you encounter the same behavior. If not, then its the OC.

Details. Without additional information on the nature of your 'bug', can't provide feedback.

---------------------------------------

@all:

This is not a chat room thread on all things NVIDIA. Lets stick with issues, performance related questions, etc. If you have a problem, post your issue and details and the community will try to assist. If you have general chatter on the 18x, then you should be posting in the Owner's Lounge.

Also, and this goes without saying as its item #1 of the forum rules...

Thanks.

10. Cygoris

Cygoris Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It's definitely the OC, I will try a different driver next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.